Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0307

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Got a problem with my d40 2007 Spanish build...so my Utes been going into limp mode a fair bit the past couple of months I originally thought it was my filter so I got it changed (genuine), problem persisted mechanic said scv so changed that it drove fine for a couple of weeks & now problems back!! Car drives fine once pedals down doesn't miss a beat but once you come to a stop the motor sort of hesitates & bang limp mode ! It's like it's starving for fuel happens on start up too car can sit idle for an hr no problem then once you select drive hesitates & into limp mode put a scan tool on it today codes come up
P0093 ?
P2297?
Can anyone help please much appreciated !

First I'd check the oil level, see if it's risen. 0093 is "fuel leak detected" - and hopefully that's not heading into your crankcase! 2297 is an oxy sensor fault (it's in the exhaust).

Both are unrelated so either you have more than one problem, or it's a logic problem which is highly possible.

I would check the battery condition - especially its voltage at idle (and if that's too low, check the alternator output). Clean both battery terminals and look at the earth for the ECU. Poor earths/electrical connections have been common causes of multiple unrelated apparent failures in the past.

Thanks old Tony I will have a look at the battery today I'm pretty sure it was reading about 14.2v there abouts. Where would I find the earth for the ecu ?

The ECU earth should be on the guard near the ECU. There have been a few reports where the earth point wasn't cleared of paint before the earth was mounted to it - removing the paint and cleaning it before reconnecting has worked. I recommend some form of sealant over the top of the freshly cleaned connections, especially if you're fond of swimming.

So I found the earth point it's definitely got paint on it will try get to it in the coming days...I cleaned & tightened the terminals gave the mafs a clean, the oil level seems fine I cleared codes & drove around all day no problem! I forgot to mention earlier that 99% of the time it's been going into limp mode when I had less then 1/2 a tank of fuel filled her up today so don't know if that's another thing causing it & as for swimming she's never been in water but I do spend a fair bit of time at the sand dunes in kurnell

Latest posts

Back