"BIG" intercooler kits D22 ZD30 - Forefront Industries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers for the comments....it seems to all stem from a certain person ( someone else can mention the name) on there and his mates they seem to all tag each other whenever even the slightest thing goes wrong with my product and others then its on for young and old.

The page is a JOKE....mainly because it is un-moderated im guessing. Some of the rubbish on there is beyond a joke....for example the intercooler guy which decided to make a huge advertisement dragging me and my reputation through an 80 post nightmare. I left a family lunch table to try and assist on a long weekend then he shoots me down saying my products are rubbish and my service is rubbish....I still dont know what happened with the product and have my suspicions that nothing happened and it was all a plan to try and defame me.

As Navmania said I understand the position I am in and why they are attracted to me...I just hope they go away soon as its not nice putting in the hard work to have it ruined by some keyboard warriors out to tarnish my reputation.

its funny on a forum you are anonymous....but here everyone is extremely well behaved....but on facebook you arnt and people act like pigs? As I have said before I put it down to the attention they get by saying "oh look at me I have something negative to say about a company that only gets positive stories, give me attention"

the facebook page IN NO WAY! reflects the attitude of navara owners....and that shits me lol

Last edited:
Hi bud, may sound like a silly question but in regard to the intercooler options is there a huge difference between the winch version and non winch version in performance. Just asking due to pros and cons of weighing up the winch mod atm.cheers

hi adam.....there is a difference....the core of the big one is exactly double the surface area of the winch one....so I would bet that more torque would be made from the better cooling...BUT in saying that if you plan on getting a winch later there is absolutely nothing wrong with the smaller one...its front mounted with plenty of cool air and a dam lot better then no intercooler fitted

With both kits fitted you will definitely notice a difference in the way the car drives.

Tjm T15 bar with winch compatible? Anyone running this setup. I'm very keen on protecting my motor with a intercooler. Maybe I can send off some pics or take a drive down from the Goldy to be sure before purchase.

hi adam.....there is a difference....the core of the big one is exactly double the surface area of the winch one....so I would bet that more torque would be made from the better cooling...BUT in saying that if you plan on getting a winch later there is absolutely nothing wrong with the smaller one...its front mounted with plenty of cool air and a dam lot better then no intercooler fitted

With both kits fitted you will definitely notice a difference in the way the car drives.

Thanks for clarifying that bud. Cheers

Hi guy's

Fitted 1 of Jamies (big) inter-coolers a couple weeks ago and yea what a difference, didn't notice a lot to start with but after driving a few times yea noticed a big difference, way more responsive.

Powered on way quicker and harder and made a huge difference when towing! i used to have to ring the nav's neck with van on but now it holds itself way easier.

Thx Jamie for giving us a realistic priced and well put together kit! keep up the good work m8 your doing well!

FOREFRONT KICKS ARSE!!!!!!:rock:

Do you know how much of a power gain you get from the intercooler? And does it fit behind a arb deluxe bar with a winch?

Do you know how much of a power gain you get from the intercooler? And does it fit behind a arb deluxe bar with a winch?

I can't comment on fitment right off the bat...but can definitely say yes or no after seeing some pics and asking you to measure from the ac condenser out to the nearest part of the winch

I dont like promising power but I can say I havnt had an unhappy customer yet they do perform much better after fitting a cooler.

Hey Jamie,

I'm looking at ordering one of the kits but noticed you're currently out of stock, any idea when you'll be getting more in? I'll probably be looking at ordering in a month or so.

Forefront industries big intercooler kit.

Car got a bit of a birthday this week. A big thanks to Jamie for the intercooler kit. Very nice bit of kit 4sure. Cheers

Attachments

• 20170113_141747.jpg
    20170113_141747.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170113_141723.jpg
    20170113_141723.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 97
All their stuff is made in china. Still very good for the money though. I'v got their smaller winch cooler on mine. No probs. 1 pin hole leak was evident when my turbo was letting go an blowing oil. Not evident now with new turbo. My only gripe is the cheap shit hose clamps the kit came with that try to chew themselves out before they even go tight. Replace them with aussie trico ones and you're golden.

Last edited:
My YD has run 19psi for 4 years now and works hard, the slight weep in the I/C while not losing boost yet it will split and I'll replace it this year before the Cape. The forefront has more flow and cooling and if I get another horse or two I'll be pleased. Stone damage is the pita for any cooler. Rabbit do you have a winch?, with your setup I'd of gone for the big bastard.

Yes I have a factory fitted Warne winch, I was one of the members that supplied jamie with all the measurements. The pinhole isnt a stonechip or a fault with the core, its just a pin hole in one of the welds. It is so negligible it was only evident as a small wet spot when my turbo was pissing oil through the intake system. Im not worried about it in the slightest.
As to the size, it is arranged so it still has the same amount of rows as the big one, just much shorter, so it doesnt cool as much, but very little pressure drop.
On a vehicle that didnt have an intercooler to start with I think its fine.

Latest posts

Back