Performance Chips!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DP Chip

i got a DP chip in a 2006 D40 auto, 25% more power for about $1300 i think.economy is slightly better, not much differance but the midrange power increase is fantastic on the highway and for towing.

2004 D22 str with arb safari dtronic. better power effiency torque etc. 1 thing to remember, more go go, more foot on go go pedal. more on go go pedal, more juice used. thats what my old boy told me when he put a chip in his F250. thing a beast now

If it were me, Id upgrade the intercooler and get a better exhaust before a chip.

Cooler temps going in means lower egt's.

But thats me.

Dave.

On the warranty thing, I just rip it out before it goes in for service. DP chip reckon they'll honour warranty if any hassles but wouldn't like to chance it & it only takes 5 mins to remove & replace.

Well I installed the Tunit performance chip this week into the D40. Left it on setting 6 (out of 9).

Like the DP chip its plug and play. The Steinbauer delivers a little more power and torque BUT requires a wire to be soldered to the throttle wiring - thus is not (easily) removable before a service.

Anyway enuff waffle...

Its early days but my god what a difference it has made. Two most noticable changes are 1. much reduced turbo lag - that feeling of waiting for the Nav to get going (e.g. when you turn right out across fast moving traffic) is all but gone and 2. when the turbo starts to spool up, it has soooo much more torque. It justs pulls that much harder!!

I am impressed - best $1400 spent on the Nav yet - gee thats a big statement!

Bosshog

The Steinbauer delivers a little more power and torque BUT requires a wire to be soldered to the throttle wiring - thus is not (easily) removable before a service.

Funny you should say that, at Village Nissan Redcliffe where I had my D22 serviced a couple of weeks ago they actually advertise the Steinbauer chip in the waiting room. Was a large pull up poster showing the performance gains you can get from the Nissan range.

Weird.

If it is a d40 do not get a chip put in until you at least have an exhaust.

They run very rich from factory so if you keep chucking more fuel in you may have problems sooner rather than later. I have heard of a few of these lately that have blown pistons from running chips with no other mods.

The steinbauer is a better chip as it doesn't just trick the computer into upping fuel pressure rather it modifies the signals to adjust timing and pressure.

Funny you should say that, at Village Nissan Redcliffe where I had my D22 serviced a couple of weeks ago they actually advertise the Steinbauer chip in the waiting room. Was a large pull up poster showing the performance gains you can get from the Nissan range.

Weird.

Nissan would probably like to run cars from factory like they're chipped. However, emissions, etc...

If it is a d40 do not get a chip put in until you at least have an exhaust.

They run very rich from factory so if you keep chucking more fuel in you may have problems sooner rather than later. I have heard of a few of these lately that have blown pistons from running chips with no other mods.

The steinbauer is a better chip as it doesn't just trick the computer into upping fuel pressure rather it modifies the signals to adjust timing and pressure.

I agree the Steinbauer is the better chip, but it was the thought of Nissan seeing the chip soldered in and then tearing up the warranty that directed me to the next best thing; Tunit.

No worries on the exhaust - the 3" zorst was the first thing I did after I bought the D40. In fact I asked the dealer to quote for a 3" system but they refused to quote, let alone fit one. The addition of it made the delivery of power more smooth with no extra increase in exhaust note, other than the turbo whistle which is more pronounced.

Bosshog

Cruz

I spent $1000 on a full stainless steel 3" exhaust with 10 year warranty. The system starts from the DPF. I believe it was worth the money free flowing exhaust = very smooth power delivery and a modest increase in it too.

steinbauer chip

Interesting Village Motors service my D40, asked them this question, If i get you to fit the steinbauer given you sell it and are the nissan agent. the warranty will be ok
The answer: the warranty will be voided, when questioned further the response was, We are a franchise and can sell what we like
good luck with any warranty claims
Given I,ve had DBA slotted rotors and ECB pads fitted by AMMS sandgate, any warranty claims in the brake area are negated

John M

Interesting Village Motors service my D40, asked them this question, If i get you to fit the steinbauer given you sell it and are the nissan agent. the warranty will be ok
The answer: the warranty will be voided, when questioned further the response was, We are a franchise and can sell what we like
good luck with any warranty claims
Given I,ve had DBA slotted rotors and ECB pads fitted by AMMS sandgate, any warranty claims in the brake area are negated

John M

capitalist pigs!

you can bet your left one they wouldn't tell you any of that when selling the chip to you if you did't ask!

i do understant nissan not honouring warranty but it is wrong dealers being allowed to sell, let alone, promote a product that will void warranty.

i wonder what nissan australia would have to say about this ( 41 Lysaght St Acacia Ridge, Ph 33450600 in case you feel like starting anything)?

more grunt

hy guys and gals my name is saundo and im driving a 2008 d40 dual cab diesel auto and i want more grunt and i dont know where to start chip exhaust you know and i want to hear from people who have dune it so i dont waste money. step by step to get heaps of grunt.

I have a 2009 stx king cab d40, good luck getting any warranty out of nissan! took it in because my turbo was extreemly noisey and lackin power! as i have missed two services out of its 80,000km life my warranty was void! Nissans quote just to sell me the turbo was $5,500 plus labor! apparently the best price they could do and it was trade price! took it to my local turbo supply shop. same turbo, same brand, same plates, same manufacturer. air bagged to me over night, $2,400! i would not believe a word your local nissan dealer tells you! if you seriously think you will get warranty you are kidding yourself! they will always find somthing. the more people i talk to the more horrer stories i hear about Nissan! i will never buy another Nissan in my life! and if you dont get it serviced by a nissan dealer, you need book stamped, tax invoices and service report! or guess what! warranty void!!!

Id buy another D22 but if I wanted a space cab Id get a D-Max.

If Nissan sold the D22 King Cab out here they would sell pretty well.

While D40's are nice to drive, there build quality is crap.

But thats my opinion.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back