Performance Chips!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as a matter of interest how do you control boost on a D22?

also, does your chip advance injection timing or just extend it?

Last edited:
Ordered my Chipit chip last week and received it yesterday. Havent installed it yet but gave my mate a hand with his D40 Chipit chip install and drove it with it installed which made me buy mine. I hafta say the whole kit is very professional. Detailed instructions full of photos of exactly how everything installs and works, and the ability to change your tune to suit how you wanna drive just by plugging your laptop in for 30 secs is top notch. No trips to the dealer just to get your tune changed. The other selling point for me is the EGT protection - your EGT's get too high, it de-tunes until they settle down again, BRILLIANT!! Also negates the need to buy a Pyrometer as it has digital display of your EGT's in cab on the control box.

Overall very happy and chomping at the bit to install it.

hey Trav

we have been doing the EGT protection like that since 2008 :p it's not something new. I'm surprised that there are only a couple of companies doing this, ChipIT being one of them..

the rest of it sounds pretty good, let us know how it goes :)

I also agree 100%.

To me the 2.5 engine has very good power output for it size, it's stressed enough as is.

Hey Tappet,

the D22 has heaps of power left in it, installing a performance module does not shorten the life of the car.. by having the module installed with altered injection timing, reducing injector rattle will actually increase the life of the injectors... running higher boost will also lower your EGT's which will help to keep the life of the motor.

our module and egt package is capable of activating water sprayers on the intercooler or thermo fans to lower intake temperatures.

because we increase boost and optimize diesel injection you can ensure that lower EGT's will be the outcome again pointing out the life of your engine will be longer.

let me know your thoughts

Cheers,
Adam

Fair comment. Was really reffering to the D40 and should of stated so.

I do think the way you go about it is far better than just whacking up the fuel rail/pump presure.

Toyota Racing Developments have plenty of money to throw around. Millions as you could except. What chip did they come out with? Fuel Rail Chip. Why, because it is safe (the factory computer raises rail pressure to gain more power) and you get more power out of it.

To get the ultimate power we have a fuel rail chip and an injector chip. But not many will require / want THAT sort of power.

Funny you should mention racing toyotas, we sponser a v8 race cruiser over in WA, it has our Diesel Smart module with DSI (this system has no rail control, just injectors) and the guy won in his class and scored better then half of the class above him, now he has all this power he has to get new suspension and other aspects of the car to handle the thrashing. little bit off topic haha

we agree, combining rail pressure, injector control and boost you can the ultimate power but is only for extreme conditions. We never supply systems with rail control to everyday customers.

that being said....
we have a colorado running 185rwkw @ 35psi with our module with the addition of the rail plug (at customers request) our franchise in cairns was running a triton with this setup with a bigger turbo making 40psi around the 190rwkw mark i believe, I would have to double check with them and our franchise in innisfail has an axt turbo on his hilux @40psi making 170rwkw.

crd engines are amazing. so much potential in them!

our modules can plug into every sensor, including crank angle and rail, even the TPS if needbe. We just chose not to. Everyone is different and we believe what we're doing is the best possible solution.

we sell a diesel smart module (optional with boost control) we also sell our super diesel smart module which you can include as much control as you want. Being in the performance industry you do have the odd customer that says "I don't care if my motor blows up I just want the best possible performance out of it" then we can provide him a product.

We try our best to cater to everyones needs :)

I also get those customers but we really don't want any bad rep from them if something were to go wrong.

After a failure of catastrophic proportions, you will never have a customer tell their friends "I told them I wanted a hand grenade". You know what I mean. :)

Therefore, we never take it to the limit. Our Chips are fully tunable by dealers and if they want to get the last little bit out of it well that's up to them.

Of course with our own cars we do :) ... and I can tell you Justin's Triton has stuffed an auto after 770 nm of torque. That was with stock injectors, stock turbo. Just our chip and our petrol injection kit.

From there the Chip It Triton is now being fitted it with a manual transmission and now Chip It are chasing 1000nm of torque with new turbo upgrade kit including manifold, Evo 9 intercooler, upgraded injectors and of course manual transmission :)

Monster in Thailand are the fastest at the moment but this will be the world's fastest stock bottom end Triton.

Don't try this at home fellas LOL

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

im new to the forum and navarra's, ive got an 06 navarra d22 3.0 litre turbo diesel, and was wondering if the chip-it and diesel smart chips are available in perth

Hi Hasleby

we have prodcuts available for both the crd and non common rail, we also have a dealer in perth, send me a PM and I can pass on his contact information

Cheers,
Adam

ps.. we have never really pushed a triton that hard, our franchise in cairns has done though.. we have seen a 3.2L pajero make 820NM of torque and i think the 170rwkw @32PSI..... needless to say it was detuned... Mitsubishi are well known for making good stuff!

Yes we can get a chip out to you or you can come into the perth office.

But our chips are made to be plug and play (for CRD and easy fit up for non CRD) so 98% of our customers are just buying and having us send out the chip. This will save you an install fee of around $300.00 plus tune if the dealer wants to slog you a tuning fee which is not needed as the tunes are on the Chip.

Secondly, we fully support you taking your car to YOUR local mechanic as you should be starting (or have already started) a relationship if he ever needs help. But the chips are so easy to install, the step by step instructions will negate any need for them to ring. However the support is their for you or them if you ever need it. Warranty not voided here either.

Most of our customers are the super grey nomads and they get on just fine with us sending out the product direct.

30 days money back if the product does not perform as we say it will also keeps you sitting pretty. Lastly, order direct via the email in the sig below and get a forum discount.

The price for the Chip is normally $999.00 or $1299 with EGT Controller.

EGT Control is where we safeguard the engine from hot exhaust temps. If the engine gets too hot the Chip automatically dumps the performance tune in favour of the factory tune until temps stabilise.

This problem can occur when towing heavy vans/boats up hills etc and will occur with ANY chip … not just ours. Ours in fact is less likely to happen with a chip that increases boost since increasing boost will have the positive effect of lowering EGTs.

If you do not tow then no REAL need for the extra EGT Controller but the hot EGTs can still occur on say a very hot day with your right foot planted hard. Very good/cheap safeguard and a real must if you do two.

As a member of the forum you get a 10% discount.

So the Chip is $899 and the EGT Controlled Chip is $1169

Freight is another $25.00 door to door usually overnight.

Last edited:
Hi Robert i installed my chip and egt controller the other week and i was wondering what i should set the max cut of temperature to i installed it post turbo and the highest reading i can get even on tune 6 is around 350c does this sound right.
Cheers
Steve

The price for the Chip is normally $999.00 or $1299 with EGT Controller.

As a member of the forum you get a 10% discount.

So the Chip is $899 and the EGT Controlled Chip is $1169

Freight is another $25.00 door to door usually overnight.

So how does the price compare to the DieselSmart product?

Latest posts

Back