DPF back exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko23e

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Looking at buying a 3" DPF back exhaust (muffler delete) for my birthday pressie. Could someone please elaborate on what I will gain from this, if anything? Cheers!

you should check to find out if the 2.75 inch system is better than the 3 inch.
several guys have claimed the 2.75 is better plus have a free flow muffler fitted not a muffler delete.

you should check to find out if the 2.75 inch system is better than the 3 inch.

several guys have claimed the 2.75 is better plus have a free flow muffler fitted not a muffler delete.

They are wrong.
There is little to NO difference
Accept the price.

A D40 loves a 3" WITH a muffler each and every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Yep. Anything with a perforated tube and packing vs a baffled/chambered muffler offers zero restriction. Just a matter of taste how loud you want to go - no muffler - hotdog - or something bigger.

yes the Hotdog type muffler / resonators are a little louder than the larger volume free flow mufflers [ round or oval ] if you can see through from one end to the other its a free flow , as Rabbid said no baffles etc.

tho having a baffle or chamber to make some tone makes for a much nicer sounding exhaust.

It doesnt take much to keep a turbo diesel quiet. I'v got a large offset 3" straight through, and its very civilised but authoritative. No droning, only really has a note when giving it a tickle before the turbo fully spools at low rpm.
FWIW, the mufflers on any exhaust onthe market will be a straight through.
Cant comment on how it will affect performance or anything else on a DFP vehicle though, sorry.

Latest posts

Back