2014 Muster - Date Location and Info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this has been asked but does this place do dogs?? i want to bring Loki my Huski, he loves 4x4ing stay leahsed all the time and is as friendly as dogs come.
Also how is everyone getting there?? I was looking at exploring the hardest route possible just coz i can, so maybe Hume highway via Belanglo state forest and see if i can make it through to either the Swallowtail Pass fire track or Bangadilly then off over to Taralga and up to the campgrounds, does anyone know the area well?? or have other suggestions??
i`d be happy to meet in Sydney at a certain spot and a particular time and head over IF anyone is interested, just an idea.

Cheers Steve

as Siringo said, no to dogs.

Also i have tried to go through to wombeyan caves rd from a few different "fire trails" that are shown on topo maps as being open only to find that they go through farmers land who have fenced right over te trail and lock there gates so you cant get through, BUT i will double check on Swallow tail and get back to you.

Will be toyobots allowed? finally back in a fourby - keen on this
never been to navara muster - and its close to home :)

You sure can Raff, glad to hear your back in a 4x4, im sure you will recognise a few faces at the muster from a few of the trips you have organised im also 100% sure they all will be more then happy to have you come.

All the best mate.
Nath.

as Siringo said, no to dogs.

Also i have tried to go through to wombeyan caves rd from a few different "fire trails" that are shown on topo maps as being open only to find that they go through farmers land who have fenced right over te trail and lock there gates so you cant get through, BUT i will double check on Swallow tail and get back to you.

Sweet thanks Nath would be appreciated.
Shame about the dogs not being allowed looks like its just me then.

Sweet thanks Nath would be appreciated.
Shame about the dogs not being allowed looks like its just me then.

ok after having a quick look at the swallowtail fire track i cant say that i have treid to get there on that EXACT route, but i do know most of the trails around there are pretty tame dirt roads and if you enter the caves from Taralga it will be mostly on tar to the camp grounds, coming in from the Goulburn end is the safest and easiest route especially for those that are towing.
I will be leading a trip out the Mittagong route on the muster weekend for those that want to do some site seeing and some low range stuff, so if you did want to come in from the other end then that would give you a chance to see the entire area.

I think if you want to do a scenic route try coming in from Jenolan caves, and head up through and onto the Boyd Plateau and take a short detour to look at the awesome Kanangra-Boyd NP, jump out and do the short walk from the carpark to check out one of the best veiws the blue mountains has of the Kanangra walls and you can also walk down to a beautiful waterfall and swimming hole.
Then head for the Kowmung river fire trail which winds down to the Kowmung river and past Dingo Dell camp ground (another great spot) and stop for a fish as the streams do have trout in them, the fire trail does have a few steep sections but is easy and is well maintained.
From there you head up the hills towards Mt Werong along the Oberon-colong stock route, follow that east to the "Range Fire Trail" past Mt Werong camp ground and out to meet up with Wombeyan Caves rd, you could also do a detour at MT Werong and duck out to Yerranderie the old silver mining ghost town.

You can actually find a very detailed trip map on this exact trip in the
"Boiling Billy" book "4WD Trecks Close To Sydney" and the trip is named "Caves Caves"

Its a really nice trip with generally easy 4x4 driving through some of NSW best scenery.

We did this trip about 12months ago over three days and it was awesome, no diff banging low range slow going, all done with the kids and camper trailers.

i actually have that very book in the ute and ill have a look.
Well done nath good job, cant wait to lock the hubs in again and get out there.

Are you talking about for the event itself or for the days outside the event?

If it is for the event then there will be a REGO form on the web site soon that you can fill in and we will take care of the bookings and payment on your behalf.

If on the other hand you want to arrive early or stay outside of the event dates then you would need to book with the Caves them selves for the days that fall outside the event dates only.

Can't find the rego form? Wife says I have domestic blindness so that must be the reason - only had a man's look for it!

Can't find the rego form? Wife says I have domestic blindness so that must be the reason - only had a man's look for it!

rego forms have been drawn up but as yet have not been posted up, we will get them up in the coming days and make an announcement on here to inform everyone.

So you can tell the misso your blindness isnt so bad after all.

Latest posts

Back