Tough Dog Lift - Thoughts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22FELLA

Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided to give the Nav a lift. I am running aftermarket 'Terrain Tamer' shocks, but im over the spine bouncing ride of the standard springs in the old 2006 model (101,500kms).

I can get the tough dog 40mm lifted kit for $1299 - including 41mm bore front and rear shocks, springs, torsion bars, U bolts and bushes..... Im happy to fit myself.

Anyone running this kit?? Whats your thoughts???

Also can you recommend any other kit on the market around this price with the same included??

ALSO - Can someone explain, Many manufacturers claim their 50mm lift kit is equivalent to a 2 inch lift........ however the tough dog at 40mm also claims to be 2 inches?????

Thanks

I would contact zordo for a price AND great service, he really knows his suspension setups and you can trust what he sais

you will find him in this thread, he will steer you right
or send him a pm

cheers

+2 for zordo!

Ask your local supplier what height you gain over standard with OLD MAN EMU gear....
You might be suprised :)

I have that Tough Dog kit and for the same price, had it for about 12 months nw and have had no issue, was impressed with ow much better the ride was, the only thing i would change would be to go to different shocks like Bilstien or something like that.

lift kit

I also have the tough dog 2in on 2013 D22,rides a lot better than stock but wouldn't say its softer,just sure footed.Hugh

Perfectly timed thread...Ive just started shopping for new suspension after putting a EFS kit under my single cab 3.5 years ago... the rear springs have sagged considerably 6 months out of warranty. Not sure i will go with EFS again but am definately contacting Zordo for advice and purchase!

I've had my tough dog kit in my 2013 d22 for around 2 weeks now. Pretty happy with the height and the ride. A little more bouncy than standard but much better off road.

Latest posts

Back