Roof rack for Fibreglass canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Mac

Reaction score
Hi all. After a bit of advice. Have a flexiglass canopy and want to fit a roof rack. Perferably the same size as the canopy. 1200 x 1100mm appox. Maybe longer if we can work out a good way to mount. I have not got a design yet but it will only be for lighter stuff. No tyres etc. I can make it myself, it is basically what would be the best way to mount it. many thanks Terry. D40 Dual Cab.

Hi all. After a bit of advice. Have a flexiglass canopy and want to fit a roof rack. Perferably the same size as the canopy. 1200 x 1100mm appox. Maybe longer if we can work out a good way to mount. I have not got a design yet but it will only be for lighter stuff. No tyres etc. I can make it myself, it is basically what would be the best way to mount it. many thanks Terry. D40 Dual Cab.

G'day Terry - Most utes with bars/racks on their canopy have them connected through the canopy to the tub. I don't think its wise to attach the rack directly to the fibreglass. My 2 cents worth. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for that Fisher. I might rethink how I do this. Might run some heavy flat alum bar down the inside to the base of the canopy. Have it so the canopy bkts go through it on top. many Thanks Terry

Latest posts

Back