D22 error codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, first time posting so sorry in advance about all the non technical lingo. I could seriously use some help so I'll try to be a precise as possible. have an 2005, D22, 3ltr and its guttless. I bought with 165,000kms and it's just rolled over the 200,000 mark. I dread going through towns with hills and trafffic lights. More than once I've been stopped on a small hill and had to engage low range to get going. In those situations it doesn't seem to be able to get the revs up to go. I also struggle a lot to get it to 100 and large hills are a nightmare. I've had it into multiple mechanics, including Nissan, and they agree it's unresponsive but as they couldn't read the ECU they just checked all the main things and sent me off. I've since done the manual ecu reading and come up with error codes 0403 and 0905. I believe thats the air intake pressure sensor and the trottle position sensor? What I think is my air intake sensor is just hanging loose near my airbox and I cant figure out where it should go. And i havent a clue about the throttle sensor. Also the egr butterfly/shutdown doesn't move at all and i dont seem to have any air going through the vacuum hose that lead to that and the acuators. I dont think the egr has been blanked as the Nissan mechanic said the tried that to see if it helped the issue. He said it didn't help so he took it back off. Ive tested the neutral position switch, change turbo hoses, changed worn air hoses, checked for fuel leaks, used injector cleaner, and even bought a new fuel cap. It starts without issue, doesn't blow smoke that i know of and makes no weird noises. Serviced every 10,000kms including the fuel filter and i clean/replace the air filter often. I dont think its in limp mode.
Any ideas or help would be great.

Hi all, first time posting so sorry in advance about all the non technical lingo. I could seriously use some help so I'll try to be a precise as possible. have an 2005, D22, 3ltr and its guttless. I bought with 165,000kms and it's just rolled over the 200,000 mark. I dread going through towns with hills and trafffic lights. More than once I've been stopped on a small hill and had to engage low range to get going. In those situations it doesn't seem to be able to get the revs up to go. I also struggle a lot to get it to 100 and large hills are a nightmare. I've had it into multiple mechanics, including Nissan, and they agree it's unresponsive but as they couldn't read the ECU they just checked all the main things and sent me off. I've since done the manual ecu reading and come up with error codes 0403 and 0905. I believe thats the air intake pressure sensor and the trottle position sensor? What I think is my air intake sensor is just hanging loose near my airbox and I cant figure out where it should go. And i havent a clue about the throttle sensor. Also the egr butterfly/shutdown doesn't move at all and i dont seem to have any air going through the vacuum hose that lead to that and the acuators. I dont think the egr has been blanked as the Nissan mechanic said the tried that to see if it helped the issue. He said it didn't help so he took it back off. Ive tested the neutral position switch, change turbo hoses, changed worn air hoses, checked for fuel leaks, used injector cleaner, and even bought a new fuel cap. It starts without issue, doesn't blow smoke that i know of and makes no weird noises. Serviced every 10,000kms including the fuel filter and i clean/replace the air filter often. I dont think its in limp mode.
Any ideas or help would be great.

those codes are TPS and boost sensor.
boost sensor is on the intake pipe with the little air hose going to the intake pipe.

sensor on the air box is air temp sensor, there is a hole for it on intake tube on the inlet side of the air box.

vac hoses, might be easier of you can post a pic of the engine bay and around the intake manifold aera.

i wonder if the sensor problems and intake butterfly issue are related.
could be a power or ground issue. there is 4 small ground wires and one main ground that connect on the inlet manifold.

Latest posts

Back