Tyre rotation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Well its time to do a tyre rotation. I have cooper 33s on the d40. I asked the tyre shop guys why they only shifted the tyres front to back rather then side to side as well. They said the tread 'takes a set' in one direction and they would be noisey if rotating the opposite direction.
Well they are noisey anyway! I wantedto call BS on it but dont know if its actually true or not.
I guess with road tyres it wouldnt really matter...but the coopers...?

Thoughts?

Should i change them side ti side as well?

Cheers

Hi guys, swapping tires Front and rear aims to balance the amount of wear between the tires. Usually tires up front wear more, making sharp turns and braking takes a larger toll on the fronts. Swapping up rears gives the set of tires a more equal wear. Only if your tire is asymmetrical, and it allows for both rolling directions then it becomes possible to swap them left to right.

It is commonly good practice to rotate your tires every 10000km. But it might vary especially for our rigs with heavy tows and off-road conditions.

I was told once not to swap side to side as steel bands stretch in one direction and putting on other side causes them to stretch back and break bands. had that had to a steel belted radial a few years ago so only do side to side.
Just sayin.

Latest posts

Back