arrggghhh wont start.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did some research on wiring diagrams. found that two circuits feed from the back of the relay output (Engine control and glow timer circuit) only when i pulled both fuse and the lights doesn't latch on anymore.

i have pretty much got the glow circuit down (i can rig up manual control relay)

I am still trying to locate the engine control circuit and its components like diesel shutoff solenoid circuit and is it 12v fed to stay open ect.

The TD27 is one of the most reliable motors Nissan have made. The fact is now given the age many of the earth points need to be maintained. When I sadly traded mine in 99 after 520k it had a few problems with surface rust on connections. After 25 years surely even with normal use these area's need looking at. It is where I'd look at. anyone that has worked on a 186/202 Holden knows what I mean.

i cleaned up the starter earth points and have put a nice fresh cable in for the starter.

having issues re seating the solenoid/bendix spring back in my new starter. dont know why i pulled it apart. :(

i have all the manuals for the USA petrol models. the diesel supplement doesn't carry an EC (engine control) or EL (electrical) for D21 TD27. i can only find D22 and terrano 2 which is ECU controlled (TD2.7ETI)

I have narrowed the electrical issue down to the Engine control circuit and Glow circuit.

i9 have tro have the ballast resistor unplugged and the 8 pin plug by the battery disconnected for the fault to clear. thats where i am wracking my brain working out were, Other than the harness these two circuits cross paths.

@TheHighwayman any help is appreciated.

cheers guys

Sorry, I didn't realise they only had the petrol in them... Oops. Awesome weather to be trying to work on this too, hope you have a garage to work in...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Eureka!!!!!!!!

Earth on the alternator loom had a very bad connection. oh mow i am releiveD

So now a question regarding the starter motor.

the bosch/hitachi starter for the TD27/QD32 how far should the gear kick out?
i am only seeing 10mm when bench testing.

Is that because it needs the back force of flywheel and crank to fully engage?

how far can you manually pull this starter gear out ? it should realy spin out as far as you can pull it out by hand. have you given this gear a good cleaning and lube ?

how far can you manually pull this starter gear out ? it should realy spin out as far as you can pull it out by hand. have you given this gear a good cleaning and lube ?

brand new Bosch starter running fine for 2 days. i took the solenoid off and put it back together. then took it apart and put it together correctly. it kicks out about 10mm, leaving another 10-15mm left to come out.it might be battery. its on charge.

it sounds ok: "clunk whirr"

Sorry, I didn't realise they only had the petrol in them... Oops. Awesome weather to be trying to work on this too, hope you have a garage to work in...

Yeah, shame it died on the grass. Me Mrs and neighbours pushing the thing up the driveway backwards. she isn't a light ute

i found some diesel ones on iscribe. but only for Terrano 2 and D22 different colours for wires and ECU controlled.

hopeully this is the end of this epic quest and i can go 4wding this weekend. the itch is back!

Cheers
Gareth

How did you go today? Any luck getting it going yet?

How did you go today? Any luck getting it going yet?

Changing back to new starter. Old one doesn't spin motor just kicks out.

I fixed the new one I took apart and is testing fine on battery.

I just got to put this new Bosch starter in and I should be hearing the sweet chug of diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eb718e681ea7fdac37c40a06e35b93c8.jpg

That earth was the fault all along. Weird crap happens if that isn't connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Oh well, at least it's all good now I guess ....

arrrrggghh wont start

Morning Bunkyone,
H.J. might be on the right track with this, Mine is heading towards that way as well
and today I am about to increase my "Earth Returns" to my circuits, when you take your starter out as suggested and complete your checking it over, fit a
strong Earth Cable from a Starter Bolt to the Chassis or Body or both and you might be happily relieved at the results!
This will be my first move at daylight when I get started, after that I will fit extra
Earth Cables from the Battery too the bodywork elsewhere, and if needed, give
me a ring to discuss the job as often as you like, now make these Cables out of
2 Gauge Wire, green or black in colour so you don't get mixed up with power cables
at any time, I'll get mine from "Jaycar" in Rockingham, my number is 95284903 Land Line, and I live in Hillman!

Tony, leave the Phone Number to be read please so we don't waste time sending
Smoke Signals, or standing on our Rooves using Semaphore, I hate climbing!

Take your time on the job, you cannot have too many Earthing straps!

Good luck,
highway man!:deadhorse:

Warmers are next chapter

Bunkyone,
After you complete your Earthing Problems, I will send you a Curcuit my Auto- Electric Mate made for me, it will involve a button on your dash
regards,
highway man!:deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back