Rear diff breather

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what would be a step by step guide to install them and what materials would I need for an 06 model?

3 mtrs fuel hose
Clamps
Valve or does hose go directly on top after the cap is removed?
2 fuel filters
Zip ties

Is that about it?

6 metres of hose, a barb (part number is in the D22 section under D22 part numbers) and cable ties.

Dave.

Thanks

Will have to get those things together when I get a chance and have a crack at it

just having a bit of a gander at some of the ready made breather kits available as i need to get mine done before i drive Sydney - Darwin in two weeks. found this one, Diff Breather Kit [140207-1-K] - $35.00 : Locktup 4x4, Hardore Offroad Gear
which seems to work on a kind of bellows system. has anyone tried one like this? would the thread from these ones be the same as my D40?

i only ask coz i'm kind of lazy sometimes and these seem extremely easy to install.

shero

Hey guys,

How many Breathers do i need to extend? Front+rear, Gear box and Transfer case?

and thats all i need to do? i dun wana do them, think its sweet, do a mad water crossing then find out i missed one and stuffed it up lol

Simon

im not sure about your model but my late 2002 model d22 has front diff t-case and g-box breathers extended to the engine bay from factory and rear breather up to the underside of the tub

is that so? that makes it heaps easier for me then!

what size, type of tubing do i get tho and is that all i need? do i need some sorta filter at the end of it?

Simon

You just need a hose barb fitment for a pre 06 model (part number is in the part number thread somewhere) and a length of hose.

Buy the barb part that screws into the top of the diff and take it down to the auto shop to get a hose that fits

When I do mine I'll probably tee it into the transfer case (as I run the same LSD diff oil in it). If you don't do this you'll need something on the end. Most people use a small inline fuel filter

Was told somewhere not to tee 2 things together if they run different oils due to the potential for cross contamination

Latest posts

Back