Tyre pressure monitors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
Day all,
Going on a tag along in the north Simpson and it's been recommended that we have a tyre pressure monitor set up as a portion of the trip is no track GPS mark following type travel.
Tyre dog was recommended.
Anyone with any advice? I don't know that I want to invest in one for the trip.

I have one, works on the Nav and dual axle van. External sender units that sit over valve, held on by screw. Works really well and gives great piece of mind. Only flat I have had was when I had the monitor disconnected for a couple of days! Works well. Has alerted me to slow drop in pressure of one tyre so could get it fiixed before problems arose. Cost about $450 I think.

G'day
I'm in the process of getting one set up on my Nav. I've gone for the internal sender type but am having some teething problems with the display unit (not Tyre Dog).

I have one on my car, not sure of the brand. Cost around $220 from memory. The sensors replace the valve cap, wireless communication to the monitor, which can be fitted anywhere. You can program the unit to set off an alarm at over and under inflation presets. It also monitors temperature, which I thought may be handy if a bearing was starting to fail. It has an internal battery which lasts around 3 months, or can be permanently wired to 12v through a cigarette lighter plug. Only setback with this style is the weight of the sender, and I had one valve stem leak ( was quite an old tyre and perished stem) which I put down to the weight of the sensor pulling on it through centrifical force when the wheel is spinning. On the bright side, the alarm went off before I drove away on the flat tyre!

Latest posts

Back