PolyAir Helper

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertHucker

Reaction score
Got the PolyAirs to try and help the sagging rear end.

Was doubtful it would help much but am very surprised.
Ride height has come up and does not bottom out going out of my drive now or if you drive to spritely.
Corners flatter less body roll and surprise feels softer, glides over bumps.

Will get a before and after video up soon going over the Bunnings carpark speedbump test.

When they are available I will invest in better springs and shocks.
The PolyAirs are working at their max and not even loaded.
PolyAir did warn me but I needed some sort of fast fix

NP300 PolyAir-2.jpgbefore NP300 PolyAir-9.jpgafter NP300 PolyAir-4.jpgbefore NP300 PolyAir-11.jpgafter

Last edited:
Yes Ironman when i called the head office said maybe production may start end of October.
No Garanties.
Called everyone I could think of and they said they are still testing in development no dates.

Waiting on King springs to get back to me.

One offered to make custom one off springs but i don't want to be the tester.
Would prefer to get a kit springs and shocks matched.

Test drive without the PlyAir's it is running on the bump stops could get 1 finger in there. After installing the PolyAir's got about 45-50mm (2inches).
Hard to see the bumps stops, done a slow-motion zoomed in look for the black cone pointing up near the back right top of the spring just behind it.

[YT]www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXltVuMWv4[/YT]

That is some severe overhang on the back axle, your going to have to be real careful you don't break the chassis.

Any guess at what the additional weight is on the rear? STX 4x4 tare mass including options is about 1,920kg so given that you wrote your weighs 2,400kg...so, am I correct that 500kg is the additional weight (i.e the net increase after you take off the tray)?

Just trying to establish how many kgs you can carry on a normal/unmodifited STX NP300 before you start hitting the rubbers.

Air suspension looks to be a reasonable quick fix - especially for those of us not loaded 100% of the time.

Thanks.

In the pre-NP300 models the springs were rated for a max of about 150Kg and I doubt the new models would be much better. Yes, they say 800Kg+ in the manual, but they don't say you need better springs!

The objective at the dealership is to provide you with a ute that drives as smoothly as a car. It isn't going to be able to do that with springs stiff enough to hold 500Kg or more - every crack in the pavement is going to feel like driving up a gutter until the thing's been loaded!

And ... I fixed the thread title for you :)

Any guess at what the additional weight is on the rear? STX 4x4 tare mass including options is about 1,920kg so given that you wrote your weighs 2,400kg...so, am I correct that 500kg is the additional weight (i.e the net increase after you take off the tray)?

Just trying to establish how many kgs you can carry on a normal/unmodifited STX NP300 before you start hitting the rubbers.

Air suspension looks to be a reasonable quick fix - especially for those of us not loaded 100% of the time.

Thanks.

The rear axle weighed 1300kg.
But this is a weigh bridge that weighs road trains 3 trailers at one time 200t.
So how accurate these weights are is anyones guess.
But it is a starting point.

Would like to know what a standard STX weighs on the rear axle.
And would also like to know how accurate are the Nissan quoted weights.

My complete car with canopy weights in at 2940kg. Truck only with canopy removed weights 2540kg. I have a set of 500kg king leaves and i rides lovely with the canopy on and still sits bum heigh. When i take the canopy of it rides terribly. Def set up for carrying loads now☺

Latest posts

Back