ZD30 consult/obd android

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to get OBD Torque to work again lately, but no luck with that, I may join the forum and see if they can help me out. Curious what yours shows up as on your blutooth Be. Mine is listed as "Nisbie". I think a lot of the work done on Torque is done with Track Electronics adapter which is a consult plug. The Torque app looks like a lot nicer layout. It finds my adapter but cant communicate with the ECU
Just found this thread. I have a 2002 Elgrand ZD30 non CRD ECU No VG182 and have gone down same path as you. My adapter is also shown as NISBIE. NDSI works on my android devices. ECUTalk works on my laptop using bluetooth. Nothing else will talk to ECU. I think Torque Pro only works if the adapter shows up as ConsultBT.
It was such a relief to get it to work. But have spent the last month trying to find out what the values should be. Noticed the MAF and throttle position sensors seem to display the raw voltage values, but 3 parameters have me scratching my head
Spill/V
Inj Tim C/V
Vent Sel

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Spill valve is the quantity of fuel being injected, the value shown is the duty cycle of the spill valve in %, should increase with revs.

IC/V is the timing of fuel injection, again shown as duty cycle in %, should decrease with revs.

Not sure what the 3rd one is, some are petrol engine or model specific.

Spill valve is the quantity of fuel being injected, the value shown is the duty cycle of the spill valve in %, should increase with revs.

IC/V is the timing of fuel injection, again shown as duty cycle in %, should decrease with revs.

Not sure what the 3rd one is, some are petrol engine or model specific.
Thanks for the info.
Spill - around 13 at idle
IC/V - around 52 at idle
Vent Sel - around 55 at idle
Just remembered I had an ECUTalk log file on old laptop. Compared the readings and it appears the Vent Sel is what ECUTalk labelled "VNTurbo SV1"

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Re hashing an old thread here. Has anyone else had problems with NDS1 lite. It says it has connected to nisbie, which is the name of the Bluetooth device connected to the obd2 port in my 2005 d22, but then I cannot move through the app screens to the dash screen. Does anyone have this issue with the full NDS2 version?

Thanks
Trav

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With a ZD30 you need NDS1. I seem to recall having a similar problem though I don't recall if it was just me not knowing how to use it at the time. I did get the full nds1 version and it worked fine, though not with my android head unit as they won't connect with an adaptor that needs a password

Just ordered the stahlcar unit. Wondering can you run this via bluetooth while phone is connected via bluetooth to the headunit for calls?

I have a galaxy S8

If not i think i have an old phone somewhere i could use as a dedicated gauge device

I don't recall. I think I could but now that you mention it that would make use of my old S4.
Good to hear you managed to get hold of stahlcar. Some others have said they couldn't get hold of them. I need a new one now and was considering the cabled ecu talk to connect my android head unit

Bugger me I just drove my dad out for a blood test and CEL came on. I will have to find the thread on faults by blinking lights or whatever. Sure could do with my BT unit now!

Yeah i didn't hear back from them for a while then checked my spam folder and low and behold their reply was sitting there. Also check the item page on their website as they post all questions and answer up there afterwards.

Also to clear up for anyone using this thread for info. You need to select the "16 pin adapter" for use on the obd2 port consult navaras. Mine is 06. Not sure what year they started running obd2 with consult. Older ones i believe are 14 pin

http://www.stahlcar.nz/nissan-bluetooth

Thats the item there. Back on their page.
Add the 16 pin adapter for OBD2

For what its worth stahlcar emailed item posted less than a day after me buying.

Just playing around with the stahlcar. Im having the same problem a previous poster had. Can find the unit called nisbie. But it wont play ball. Connects then says "ini fail" keeps connecting then disconnecting. Once i got it to connect and give the ecu name and begine the blue line scrolling across the top. Then it gave up about 85% done. Then back to refusing to connect properly.

Any help would be awesome

What program are you using melb? I just purchased a new one from Stahlcar and it is working fine with NDS1. I have not tried again with Torque. I have noticed though that comparing the adaptor to the unit I cooked the wiring and pin set up is totally different, and yet it still works. In fact it wouldn't read boost before but now it does. I will take a pic to post

Im using NDS1 lite. Didnt want to commit to full version till i know it would work. I thought i had it sorted when i realised a casting 'dagx was stopping the adapter from going all the way into the back of the bluetooth unit. But alas was still cactus when i trimmed it off tried it again.

Contacted stahlcar. They got back to me within a day. Sounds like a faulty unit. They have another one on the way to me atm. See how that goes

I found Stahlcar to be excellent to deal with so it doesn't surprise me that they have said that. I am attaching a couple pf photos of my old and new unit adapters as I mentioned earlier. The green purple and orange wires aeem to be in the same spots. There is no blue on the new one! Works fine though it has found my fault code as the crank position sensor. Lists it as 47 which is 0407 according to the fault list found elsewhere here
04f0dca75b6f61e66f5e3d60242c93b8.jpg
dbca7bf6196770ff2fe5bd0e8f5ad227.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gday Robert, that one looks like the consult plug. If you have a ZD30 the plug under the dash should be shaped a little like a micro usb plug, just a lot bigger. It looks to me that the plug at the bottom RHS of that page is the OBD2 plug with the cable to connect to the one that you listed. You will need to get both. The bottom one for $9.99 or whatever is an adaptor allowing the Bluetooth unit you showed to plug into your OBD2 plug, if you get my drift. I will have another look at it while I continue emptying these pesky beer bottles 😁🍻

Latest posts

Back