Nissan Navara D22, DX model, year 2000 heater blowing cold air.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorypark

Reaction score
As per my subject heading, my heater, whilst the fan is only working on one speed (heater blower resistor), it is only blowing cold air.

It has failed to blow warm/hot air for sometime now.

I have checked both inlet and outlet hoses leading into the heater and both are warm at optimal engine operating temperature.

Could anyone else please suggest a possible troubleshoot on this one.

Much appreciated all.

Definitely the resistor pack for the blower fan not working.

As for the heater not getting hot, when you move the lever between hot and cold can you hear something that sounds like a flap behind the dash? Is there any resistance in the temperature lever when you move it or does it move freely?

Bods I'll give it a try mate but u could be on the money.

I think its moving a tad too freely. Disconnected perhaps???

And is there a troubleshoot link on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Well the good and bad thing with these is they operate by cable. You can pull the dash trim off and remove the heater controls and see if the cable has broken off its mounting bracket behind the control panel. There are only 2 screws and a few clips to remove the dash piece and from memory 4 screws holding the control panel in place.

That would be a good start anyway. If it isn't the control lever end it could be the blend door end which probably means a dash out job...

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Message to bods and forum members regarding my non operative heater in my D22 2000 model Navara.

I took both hoses off in the engine bay today and tried to run a hose through the pipes. I tried both the top and bottom pipes however the water just kept coming back out whichever pipe I held the hose up to.

The water didnt recirculate and come out the other pipe as it is supposed to and as I expected it to despite some pretty good pressure from the water.

So where to now???

Thanks again everyone.

Sh*t good point mate. I'm none too sure but I get what u r saying if its not set to hot then the flap wont permit the water to flow through.

I'll have another crack but thanks Tony.

Latest posts

Back