Baumr-Ag BM-X20i

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ yeah, im thinking that too, the way it starts so easy, they must be pretty good the way they are.

Just plugged the multimeter in, dead even 240.2-4 volts with no load, touch over 241 with load, getting 244. something from the wall socket.

Plug the mixer in and it starts, but voltage goes to shit and overload shutdown ensues 4 seconds later.

I'm getting 241.2 v with the light and 0.09x 40aac which is what.. .36a? and 864w??

getting .1 x 40aac with 650w 4" grinder

no go on 1600w heat gun even on "low"

no go on mixer.

need to find some more appliances getting toward 1000w, everything i have is a lot less or a lot more.

Looks like im going to have to complain to seller about selling over-rated machinery but not too hopefull, as a quick look over the neg-feedback sounds like people have had similar problems with no resolution.

All in all, its a great little unit, seems like really nice build quality and is tiny and quiet.
It just isnt rated to the 1200W they are claiming.
And its for sale! Anyone wants a great little 800W portable genny its for sale $100 Melbourne S/E, comes with about 2litres of Caltex 95ron and Husqvarna 2t 50;1 mix absolutely free.

Holds steady voltage, no real fluctuation even without a load.
If anyone can suggest a way to run my 1.1 horse mixer i'm all ears otherwise its for sale $100. Its great for what it is, just not rated to what its advertised for.

Attachments

• Baumr 002.jpg
    Baumr 002.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 108
Tried a soft starter .... though probably more expensive than just buying a bigger genarator.

If you are running any items with motors like grinders, mixers, pumps, welders etc I would not even entertain anything less than 2400w (10A) constant load. BUT they are either noiser, bulkier or more expensive :-(

I would just go for something bigger and you can use it at home if there is a power disruption for the fridge. I had one of those GMC 850 watt models for a while. The only thing I used it for was the inbuilt 8amp 12 volt charger and powering the 20amp 240volt charger at the same time. It would belt charge into the 2 120a/h agms very quickly when we had limited sun for the solar running 2 engel's, lights ect.

Anyone running one of these? The reviews are hit and miss - some have owned for a year or two and swear by them, others say nothing but problems.

https://www.masters.com.au/product/900001143/909-2200w-generator-inverter-i3000

Looks like Id have to go twice as big again to run full strength 10a power tools, but like I said, cost factor aside, i really cant be arsed with a big unit taking up space.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back