Glacio 60L Fridge / Freezer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so coffee is now in the veins and after 12 hours we have the magical number of 12.560ah :rock:

I am damn happy with that. Next weekend it will be a real world test. It will just be an overnight trip, but there will be a carton and food for to cover me for that time. Hopefully i remember to hook up the ammeter.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20140727_090731.jpg
    IMG_20140727_090731.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 136
Good results mate, I am seriously considering one of these fridges, I can't fathom why people pay over $1000 for these size fridges through AMR, TJM, BCF, Rays etc. I reckon they buy them all import them from china at like under $50 a pop.

I bought one of these after reading this review and so far cant fault it. Mine ran flawlessy for 3 days in june set to 3 degrees. Was open and closed alot during the 3 days as it was more of a piss up weekend than anything else lol

Hey shorty,

yeah im pretty happy with those results. Obviously these numbers can and more than likely will change once i'm out and about, but I'm happy none the less.

The only gripe I have about this fridge is that it doesn't have your typical foot print and its a little wider due to the design of it. Its such a minor detail though.

When i purchased mine i was deciding between this one and the one I bought. There are a couple of reasons why i went for the 60L, one being because I thought the plastic may get damaged too easily as my fridge sits in the tray and I didn't like that the separator is fixed in place on the 52L version. I like the big open space to use for the 60L much more.

The construction of the engels / waeco's etc i'm certain will be superior in a lot of aspects. Things like the handles (feel flimsy, but have handled tie down straps being forced on them), tie down points (which my glacio doesn't have) and the outer shell (the metal engels feel much sturdier). There are definitely advantages to spending the extra $$$ on a name brand fridge, but personally I just couldn't justify the extra cost when weighing it up against the amount of time it will see truly harsh conditions.

This fridge has handled everything I have thrown at it thus far. A few trips to Lake Eildon in VIC, A trip across the nullabor and a couple of trips to the beach where the tracks were bumpy as hell and i drove like i didn't have a fridge in the tray. I have always had my fridge sitting on 2 or 3 of those rubber jigsaw mats . It helps absorb some of the impact form rough driving and Im certain it will be helping with the life of the fridge.

Bottom line is I would definitely buy another one of these. I have been super happy with how it has performed and I see no reason to purchase a name brand.

Last edited:
I bought one of these after reading this review and so far cant fault it. Mine ran flawlessy for 3 days in june set to 3 degrees. Was open and closed alot during the 3 days as it was more of a piss up weekend than anything else lol

Good to hear Batcho. I have used mine for parties as well because it is pretty damn convenient.

What Im planning to do next time im out for a couple of days is set the temperature to -2 or so and use it for ice. It seems to hold a few 3kg bags pretty easily and I have a couple of decent eskies that will keep ice for days. This will be for shits and giggles more than anything as taking the 60L fridge and my 60L esky takes up a shit load of space.

Good to hear Batcho. I have used mine for parties as well because it is pretty damn convenient.

What Im planning to do next time im out for a couple of days is set the temperature to -2 or so and use it for ice. It seems to hold a few 3kg bags pretty easily and I have a couple of decent eskies that will keep ice for days. This will be for shits and giggles more than anything as taking the 60L fridge and my 60L esky takes up a shit load of space.

I reckon it will take it no problems.

Mine was running on my 120ah deep cycle but i also had another mate with his 40 litre engel on the same battery and it was still showing full bars at the end of the weekend. I think i'd get almost a week out of it with normal firdge use on the deep cycle battery without charging.

I reckon it will take it no problems.

Mine was running on my 120ah deep cycle but i also had another mate with his 40 litre engel on the same battery and it was still showing full bars at the end of the weekend. I think i'd get almost a week out of it with normal firdge use on the deep cycle battery without charging.

Yeah based on the figures I was getting from my meter it definitely looks like it could manage at least 5 days. If i managed to get that I would be pretty pumped.

Ok so completely forgot to hook up my ammeter, but i powered my fridge for a solid day. The next day I powered my fridge and a trailblaza fridge for another day for a party and the battery was nowhere near flat.

Random pic from party

10469721_10152248105401179_4328980579556250454_n.jpg

When i purchased mine i was deciding between this one and the one I bought. There are a couple of reasons why i went for the 60L, one being because I thought the plastic may get damaged too easily as my fridge sits in the tray and I didn't like that the separator is fixed in place on the 52L version. I like the big open space to use for the 60L much more.

Hey stockstandard,

Thanks a lot for the write up! I'm seriously considering me of these as the saving of $1k over the name brands is too good to pass up.

E NLT hing though is I was hoping for a dual zone fridge so I can making ice in one to feed tot eh esky for drinks and have the other compartment for food. Am I right in understanding the Glacio 60l is only 1zone? Do you know if there are any similar but with dual zone?

Thanks again,

-scott

Hey stockstandard,

Thanks a lot for the write up! I'm seriously considering me of these as the saving of $1k over the name brands is too good to pass up.

E NLT hing though is I was hoping for a dual zone fridge so I can making ice in one to feed tot eh esky for drinks and have the other compartment for food. Am I right in understanding the Glacio 60l is only 1zone? Do you know if there are any similar but with dual zone?

Thanks again,

-scott

Hey mate,

yeah this one is only a single zone fridge / freezer. You can get dual zones, but a dual zone version in a 60L size means that the freezer compartment is pretty damn small.

To get a decent capacity in one fridge you would need to go to something like this that gives you a decent amount of space. I have never used that fridge before, but it does have a 5 years warranty and it looks suspiciously like and old evakool. Or there is this which looks exactly the same as the 60L but with the freezer section tacked on. Out of these 2 I would go the first one purely for the 5 year warranty and danfos compressor

If you wanted to keep the cost down and absolutely needed to to have a fridge and a freezer you could look at 2 of either of these 35L or 55L. Same foot print for each, but the 55 is taller. It looks like they literally add spacers to the base model to get the greater volume.

Or you can go with the glacio version which is a 32L, but costs a little more. Pretty much looks exactly the same as the above 2 fridges, but who knows what differences (if any) there could be.

Having 2 means that if one buggers up then you at least you still have another. I guess one thing to also consider is just getting a mid range fridge and using that entire thing as a freezer. I have a 60L Esky as well, so if there is quite a few crew camping then i can fill esky with beer and the fridge with food. If there is more than 1 esky, which there quite often is, then you get both esky's packed with food and beer and put the fridge in freezer mode and grab some 3kg bags of ice. Quite a few options really.

Like quite a few things on eBay you are taking a risk. If you look around long enough you will see the same product with different brand names and prices and sometimes it just comes down to luck of the draw.

Last edited:
Bit of an update on the fridge as it has been quite a while.

I have had it running pretty much non stop on 240v since December and I haven't had any issues.....until last weekend.

The fridge itself still runs, cools and does everything it is supposed to do. I think i have traced the problem down to 240v converter overheating / packing it in.

The fridge will power on and run for maybe 10 mins before the error alarm sound and the fridge wont run. Plugging directly into 12v power seems to have solved it and it has been running for the last week no problems.

So, bit of a heads up. If you are running the fridge on 240v and it randomly shuts down this could be the problem.

Christian

Reviving this bad boy as I now have it running as a beer fridge at home with a solar panel handling the charging duties.

I did a dry run and the starting temp was 27 degrees and I set it 3 degrees as the target temp....the damn thing pulled 40ah to get it down to that target temp

The peak draw was 6.33amps, but it seemed to hover around the 4.3 - 4.5amps mark for most of it with the compressor speed set to low. So if I average that out it would mean it took 9 hours to hit that target.

My guess it that it's not as efficient as it once was, but I still seem to get 5 days out of it before it needs topping up. I'll have to do another test and compare to the first one to see what the go is here.

Stay tuned if you are interested lol :p

Hey OP, I've got the exact same fridge as you and had it for roughly the same time too, I was floating around on forums I while back and came across your post on how the 12/240 adapter shit itself, mines done the exact same thing and at the moment just running off 12v battery box, I charge it up nearly every night. Just wondering did you end up getting another adapter?

Well, damn near a full year later for another update.

I started back on 240 again and no alarms, not shutting down, nothing. It has developed a new problem (again with power), but this time the fridge will attempt to kick on (you can hear it ticking) and nothing will happen.

Still getting power to the display panel and I can adjust the temp, but obviously nothing happens. The digging I've done points to a thermal fuse being the potential problem or battery protection kicking in and just refusing to allow it to actually power up completely.

I havn't tried it on 12v again yet because I just couldn't be bothered buggering around with it, but i will sort that out in the next couple of days. I am going to assume that it's something small and I may take it to get fixes, but time will tell.

C.

So I chucked it back on 12v and she kicked in no problems. Let it run for 10 or so mins and it was all good so I'm calling that a success.

So if you've got one of these bad boys and it starts acting up to j the same way mine has, have a look at 240v first.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back