Thinking cracked head.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justa6

Reaction score
Hi guys. Long story short , my mates d40 got hot, now using water, cracked/warped the head.

We replaced the head on my dads years ago and it cost near 7k. Is it cheaper these days, or are people just swapping whole motors out now.?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have heard it is a big job to replace the head on the Deisel Navaras so i would be surprised if it did cost that much to do this job but that price would include a new cylinder head i would think. you would also think it could be cheaper to grab another low k engine and remove and replace it all together.

I thought I remembered seeing whole motors on a facebook page for $2500 or so, which would not be a bad way to go, but now everything seems to be $5000.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Car wreckers seem to charge half of the original cost for individual parts. say an alternator is $300 new, the wreckers charge $150 used. you can buy complete cylinder heads fairly cheap and ready to bolt onto the engine block so maybe this could be the best option if you sourced a complete cylinder head and found a mechanic who is not a rip off in his labour fees , ask him for a price labour only to remove and replace the damaged head. worth a try.

Latest posts

Back