The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nissan Media Info pack says the ST-X 550 will retail for $60,990 & the Ti Parthfinder will retail for $75,990.
The V6 will give the Navara a 200 Nm torque advantage over its closest rival's best effort.
the 550 Nm is achieved at 1700 rpm & 500 Nm is available at 1500 rpm.
Idle speed is 650 rpm.
Pretty awsome figures (Including the price).

The interior is pretty much identical to the latest Nav 450 as is the exterior. The main difference is the 3L V6 engine and the 7 speed auto/tip-tronic gear box. (NO MANUAL OPTION).

The interior is pretty much identical to the latest Nav 450 as is the exterior. The main difference is the 3L V6 engine and the 7 speed auto/tip-tronic gear box. (NO MANUAL OPTION).

Are you sure about the auto as i ordered a manual.

Everywhere else in the world the V6 only comes out with a 7 speed auto ( I believe the only manual version is in a front wheel drive Renault).
The are calling the transmission an auto with manual mode but it is a tip-tronic style box like the 450 has but with 2 extra gears.

Are you shore they ordered you a 550 and not a 450?

I'd be interested to hear if you have actually managed to get a manual box in a 550 so please keep us informed if possible.

Just spoke to the dealer and he seams to know less than me about the new 550 but he did say that with the email that he had from Nissan that it is only the 7 speed auto. I will need to live with it. But it could be good driving in the peak hour traffic in Brisbane not changing gears non stop.

Any idea when we can order one and view a demo??

Scotty

I have ordered one already just ring your dealer.
To test drive one you will be waiting till late January 2011 as that when the first shipment of them come in i have been tolled.
There are a few videos on youtub if you look and Nissans web site has heaps of info on them.

Scotty

To test drive one you will be waiting till late January 2011 as that when the first shipment of them come in i have been tolled.
There are a few videos on youtub if you look and Nissans web site has heaps of info on them.

I have sent an email to my local dealer - he said i would see one Feb/March - which is fine - 3 x colours and 7 speed auto - which suits me - better than changing dam gears on the gateway.

I have asked him to quote price with ABN holders - but i guess they have us by the balls and can not give any discounts -as they will be popular as hell.

I have a silver one now - so I figure I will go same or maybe white

Cheers

Scotty

I spoke to the Nissan sales guys over the weekend at the Adelaide 4WD, boating and leisure show. Whilst they did know about the 550 they were unsure when it was arriving and certainly NOT in a position to take any orders!

I spoke to the Nissan sales guys over the weekend at the Adelaide 4WD, boating and leisure show. Whilst they did know about the 550 they were unsure when it was arriving and certainly NOT in a position to take any orders!

I'd guess that's variations in homework showing its influence. These guys obviously spent their recent working days organising for the show, not watching what was coming behind them.

If I were you, I'd make a mental note to NEVER follow these guys. They'd probably walk along railway tracks.

That's never stopped them before. I singed the deal on a new Pulsar TI for my mum at one of those huge Nissan sales where they fence off the yard and supposedly do deals they will never match again. Unbeknown to me the TI was being stopped at the time and no more were being imported into the country. The dealer knew this but still signed the deal so his weekend party figures looked good then rang me the following Wednesday to tell me the TI was not being made but he could offer me a Q for the same price. He got told what he could do with his Q and I brought the car elsewhere. (got to keep the money I dragged out of that big air tube thing for the bonus though)

saw the new 550 at the motor show in sydney over the weekend. looks cool but there doesn't seem to be that much new stuff on it. comes with some chunky roof bars and a hard lid. can't really see where they get the extra twenty or thousand from. don't think i'll be rushing to put one order.

It's all about the V6 diesel man!! and that fact that making people pay a premium for something they have been begging for is always fair game

I'd guess that's variations in homework showing its influence. These guys obviously spent their recent working days organising for the show, not watching what was coming behind them.

If I were you, I'd make a mental note to NEVER follow these guys. They'd probably walk along railway tracks.

Tony, agreed!!

Just did some of the paper work for the new 550 and it was a bit more than I expected.
$68000 with on roads cost. They are not sure if there will be an ABN discount. I don't want to pay more than 61000. But its still on its way and I will sort out the details when its closer.

Just did some of the paper work for the new 550 and it was a bit more than I expected.
$68000 with on roads cost. They are not sure if there will be an ABN discount. I don't want to pay more than 61000. But its still on its way and I will sort out the details when its closer.

Has any had a new D40 STX 2.5lt priced as I would like to see the difference Between the STX 550
A total price including on roads would be good.
Thanks

I can't believe you didn't consider that on roads were going to be lumped on top when you signed on the line to get one, unless specifically stated in documentation on roads are never included in the cost, they are added based on the final sale price of the car. If they don't know the final sale price of the car at this stage they can only give you a ballpark figure of on roads anyway.

You'll probably also get the government luxury car tax lumped on it (although that might be included in the RRP), but I believe that gets lumped on any vehicle over $57K.

As for the ABN they'd be stupid not too offer it, they didn't just whack a V6 Diesel in the Nav so people can thump around the bush feeling good about all the power they now have. Probably half the sales will be to tradies, how many are going to agree to buying a $70K work ute just because it's got a V6 diesel in it when they can have other options for a lot less?

a current ST-X 2.5 Manual is -

Car - $50990
Paint - $495
Delivery - $695
Stamp Duty - $1795
Rego - $475
CTP - $368

Not sure what discount you would get on that lot... mine was pretty nice though... no discount on the new v6 though!

I would suggest that if the new car is 60990, then all the other items other than stamp duty would be the same, except you will pay LCT on the portion over 57k, which i think works out as $1316 so the total cost would be.... ~57k driveaway.

I'm almost tempted to wait. But not really :D

Latest posts

Back