d22 compact dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After fitting a safari snorkle on purchase of my 22 i lost the front tray due to the huge intake tube as per attached pic i rewired the starter battery and fitted a 710cca 155rc century battery. The aux battery i placed in the tub like us all but it was always a pain when loaded so i looked for other ideas, under the tub possible but hard work and only a small capacity battery. I decided to look at slimline agm batteries they are 100% safe in caravans and cars as they do not give out any gas on charge and can be placed on any angle even upside down. This is what i came up with slimline agm fitted behind the rear seats of the 22 d/c battery is 500mm long 120mm wide 240mm high,120amp hour. As you will see in the pic's if fits great in a wasted space it would be possible to relocate the jack and fit two if you needed the capacity. After all this i decided to fill in that wasted space in the dash that fits cards the solution duel volt meters all was done safely circuit breakers front and rear waterproof sockets on bullbar and tub also rewired internal socket all double fused. Hope this is of help to you all as it has worked so well for a long time for me if anybody else needs to free up some space here you go.

I still love this thread!!

Top way to utilise dead space!

Hats off to you HJ

Geoff

POCOYO'S V6⚠️

A bit busy behind the back seat now. 120ah still holds 12.9v overnight. 300lpm compressor and 600 watt inverter soon to be upgraded to 1200watt.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 87
I power two Engel's, 40 ltr as a fridge and a 21 ltr as a freezer. Not the most economical setup power wise compared to a 60 ltr fridge/freezer combo but gives you backup if either fails. And I can't part with them after 26years.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 39
It's a nice setup, John.

Just on the subject of that Engel - we have a 60L Engel and a 40L Stirling in the back of ours, and the one big difference between the two is that the Stirling has a digital thermostat and the Engel doesn't. For long.

I've ordered a 12V digital thermostat and will be installing it inside my Engel. I'll do some pics and a write up when I get the gear and get the job done - I need something better than "sorta cools at this level, but freezes at anything past here" on the dial. Ok, it's not quite that bad, but the idea of dialling up 2C and staying within 0.5C of that is highly appealing!

Excellant idea Tony, if you could do a little write up that would be nice. I might even plagiarize your idea. I did mean to mention earlier in the thread these new twin cylinder compressors have a minor problem. It draws 90 amps which is a hell of a lot, the wireing is just too thin. After pumping up 4 32's from 20-45 psi the wires are too hot to touch. This says to me they can't carry the current properly and it's a potential fire risk. Re-wireing with heavy cable and have it as close as possible to the battery is a much safer option.

Latest posts

Back