Wiring Diagrams

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navmania

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Thought I would start a thread on wiring diagrams for all different things.
I have started on a few and as time goes on and any requests come in I can add to them.

A few thing with these diagrams at the start.
I pickup the trigger wires for the relays from the steering column instead of the head lights so only minimal wires have to pass through the fire wall.
I also use trailer plug wire for trigger wire as it can be bought cheap and comes in 7 colors and is heaps big enough to throw a relay.
the rest of the wire is from Jaycar Electronics.
Switches dont have to be able to carry high amps, they are only switching the relay so any switch can be used, the important part is to take note of its operation.
If you have any requests for a diagram ill see what I can draw up.

cheers, Brad

Four Diagrams per post.
#Slide 1 (BASIC SPOT LIGHT WIRING)
#Slide 2 (BASIC LIGHT BAR LIGHT WIRING)
#Slide 3 (BASIC LIGHT BAR LIGHT WIRING Roof Mount)
#Slide 4 (DUAL TRIGGER LIGHT BAR WIRING)

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,027
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,300
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,009
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
#Slide 5 (DUAL TRIGGER DUAL BEAM SPOT LIGHT WIRING)
This is a bit more technical. Its for a set of dual beam IPF Super Rallys.
With this set up you can run lights on HI and LOW beam and with and without headlights on.

#Slide 6 (DUAL TRIGGER REVERSE LIGHT WIRING)
This set-up allows you to activate the lights from gear shifing into reverse or from having the accessories on at the ingnition switch so they can be used for camping etc.

#Slide 7 (BASIC POWER DISTRIBUTION)
Good for multiable Accessories

#Slade 8 (POWER DISTRIBUTION WITH ACC TRIGGERED RELAY)
Adding an Acc triggered relay from the ingnition switch for higher powered Accessories

Attachments

• Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 8,641
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Slide7.JPG
    Slide7.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 702
  • Slide8.JPG
    Slide8.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,245
Last edited:
I'll delete this post of mine (and any others) when we're done discussing this so the thread remains clean, but I thought I'd point out that two of the diagrams need a small adjustment (the first and the last ones above).

In a double-throw relay (which has pin 87 and pin 87a) present, pin87a only connects when the coil is NOT energised, and pin 87 connects when the coil IS energised. This means in the first diagram, the left-hand driving light will be ON when the high beams (and headlights) are off, and when the high beam comes on, the left hand drivingt light will turn off and the right hand driving light will turn on. Specific details of a SPDT relay can be found here as an example, where they remind us that the 'a' in 87a refers to 'always on'.

Both wires need to be connected to pin 87, or to simplify it use a SPST (single throw) relay that doesn't have pin 87a.

Sorry to seem pedantic about it, but it's probably better to fix the image than have someone ask about it once they've done it. And I can delete these posts later on to tidy this place back up again!

I'll delete this post of mine (and any others) when we're done discussing this so the thread remains clean, but I thought I'd point out that two of the diagrams need a small adjustment (the first and the last ones above).

In a double-throw relay (which has pin 87 and pin 87a) present, pin87a only connects when the coil is NOT energised, and pin 87 connects when the coil IS energised. This means in the first diagram, the left-hand driving light will be ON when the high beams (and headlights) are off, and when the high beam comes on, the left hand drivingt light will turn off and the right hand driving light will turn on. Specific details of a SPDT relay can be found here as an example, where they remind us that the 'a' in 87a refers to 'always on'.

Both wires need to be connected to pin 87, or to simplify it use a SPST (single throw) relay that doesn't have pin 87a.

Sorry to seem pedantic about it, but it's probably better to fix the image than have someone ask about it once they've done it. And I can delete these posts later on to tidy this place back up again!

You're talking about a change-over relay.

His diagram refers to a standard 5 pin as in this link:

http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/normal-open-4-5

A standard 5 pin has 87 & 87a, however both work the same at all times.

Mitch

Yeah you are rite Old Tony. I didn't notice that, they are both just 87 normally on a double pole relay. The one I have there is from another drawing I have done for the Redarc BCDC Install. If I correct the drawing and send it to you can it be changed by you in that post in the or just repost it all together.
Over time I will try and put up as much information as I can and appreciate you guy checking it as I will make mistakes.

I will do one on cable, relays, fuse holders, switches etc. and like I Said if anyone can think of any that will help people out, let me know and I will draw them up.

Cheers Guys.

I picked up on it because the relay shown in the first diagram definitely does have "87a" beside the central pin, indicating that it's a SPDT and not a DPST relay (which is what a double-87-relay is).

It's all good, you can edit the post yourself if you like, send it to me and I'll do it, then we'll tidy up all these posts leaving the thread nice and clean.

How about put the requests in here too, you reserve a couple of extra posts and I'll remove this stuff when it's rolling? That way you have 9 posts to fill to capacity with diagrams (you can do what, 4 attachments per post?) that's 36 diagrams (the first post doesn't have any).

It's awesome that you have shown which products that you use to complete each job, how about add on approximate minimum cable lengths to help out people that are unsure when buying the bits for the job. This may be a hard task as it will somewhat vary in different models and locations that you mount stuff on but greatly help out people when pricing up and or shopping for the bits when new to wiring.

It's awesome that you have shown which products that you use to complete each job, how about add on approximate minimum cable lengths to help out people that are unsure when buying the bits for the job. This may be a hard task as it will somewhat vary in different models and locations that you mount stuff on but greatly help out people when pricing up and or shopping for the bits when new to wiring.
It would be hard to do as each install is different. The best thing to do is work out component location then measure up for wiring.

Cheers.

#Slide 9 (ACC TRIGGER RELAY)
For running heavier loads of you Accesories position on your ignition switch.

#Slide 10 (ULTIMATE POWER DISTRIBUTION)
This is for the traveler that has everthing and needs the power connections to connect it all up.

#Slide 11 (BRAKE CONTROLLER WIRING)
This diagram is for the TEKONSHA P3 brake controller

#Slide 12 (DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM REDARC BCDC 1220WITH JUMP START FUNCTION)
With this setup you can jump start yourself off the Aux battery.

Attachments

• Slide9.JPG
    Slide9.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Slide10.JPG
    Slide10.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 332
  • Slide11.JPG
    Slide11.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 328
  • Slide12.JPG
    Slide12.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
#Slide 5 (DUAL TRIGGER DUAL BEAM SPOT LIGHT WIRING)

#Slide 7 (BASIC POWER DISTRIBUTION)
Good for multiable Accessories

#Slade 8 (POWER DISTRIBUTION WITH ACC TRIGGERED RELAY)
Adding an Acc triggered relay from the ingnition switch for higher powered Accessories

Hi Brad,

Just having a bit of trouble understanding the practical difference between Basic power distribution / with acc triggered relay. I get you've mentioned for higher power accessories but are there any other reasons you'd do it one way or the other? I guess in the basic you don't have to have the key in the ignition?

Apologies if that seems a silly question...

Cheers,

-Scott

Last edited:
Yeah mate, number #7 has the fuse block live at all times. The idea behind using the relay in that way is say you want your UHF radio on Acc, if you were to hook a UHF or at least one with some balls like a commercial type UHF say an Icom or vertex standard that can have up to 25 watts of output. They can draw over 6 amp at full modulation and if you have it wired up to something like the back of the cigarette lighter you will melt your harness and the radio would most like shutdown ever time you tried to talk to someone. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

I do like your diagram for the extra lights that can switched for reverse. I was going to suggest that one but I could of only done scribble on paper unlike your ones.

Top work mate.

Here is another one you might be able to put up is for DAY RUNNING LIGHTS. If I can dig up my wiring diagram for mine I will post it up. It's only scribble on paper but.

Firstly thanks for preparing and sharing these, a great resource! Is is possible to upload higher resolution images? When I download them most of the text is not readable (particularly the parts detailed in the top right corner). Cheers,

Firstly thanks for preparing and sharing these, a great resource! Is is possible to upload higher resolution images? When I download them most of the text is not readable (particularly the parts detailed in the top right corner). Cheers,

Yeah they are screen captures from jaycars website. I might have to just put a cat number and page number for the catalogue. I'll see how I go

I do like your diagram for the extra lights that can switched for reverse. I was going to suggest that one but I could of only done scribble on paper unlike your ones. Top work mate. Here is another one you might be able to put up is for DAY RUNNING LIGHTS. If I can dig up my wiring diagram for mine I will post it up. It's only scribble on paper but.

No problem mate I'll draw something up for the day time running lights. What lights did you use. Also you would want them to turn off when the head lights are switched on.
Cheers. Brad.

No problem mate I'll draw something up for the day time running lights. What lights did you use. Also you would want them to turn off when the head lights are switched on.
Cheers. Brad.

That would be great. I do have the wiring loom in my xtrail but I don't want to pull it out when I trade it for the Nav on Thursday. It's all tucked in and tidy.

for the diagram slide 4 dual trigger light bar wiring would it matter if you were connectingit to a 188 watt light bar or would there be upgrades needed??

Latest posts

Back