Pictures of a Maxima, S15 or Pulsar wiper stalk

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any reason you couldn't do the same to it that you have done to your current stalk. Or were you trying to stay away from having to do that?

My preference is for it not to swing /rotate anti clockwise but that's wishful thinking.

I could use the heat gun again however the new stalk has wires in it ...whereas the stock unit hasnt hence ..wanting to prevent / eliminate no risk of damage to the electrical wires.

I had to send the seller a reminder message to see if hr got my payment, he didn't see it come through so he expressed posted it for me yesterday.
I ordered mine after seeing your post on waiting for it to arrive.

Yeah right haha. Oh well. Mine was marked as sent on the 29th with an eta of today, but with the Christmas period I'm not expecting it til later this week anyway...

Finally got around to fitting this today... here's a few pics

After removing the trim on the steering column, remove the wiring plug and these 2 screws.

A couple of shots of the old and new arms together.

All done.

The only other thing I had to do was trim the upper steering column cover around where the wiper arm sits. It was sitting a bit close to the arm and catching when on position "2". It was also causing the washers to stay on unless the arm was forced back to shut them off. Trimmed a couple of mm off and all good now.

Last edited:
I probably have 1mm now if I'm lucky, don't know why it was such a tight fit. You can see moulding lines on the outside of the trim panel and the cutout was way smaller than them.

such a good mod and not expensive, improves the visual a lot since the oem wiper stalk on the d22 looks like it came out of a d21 garbage.

Oi, easy there champ

didint mean what it sounded like, i wanted to say it looks like it was picked from a scrapyarded previous model and just doesnt fit. i have a 1985 720 4x4 myself so no wanted to sound disrespectful to previous models.

didint mean what it sounded like, i wanted to say it looks like it was picked from a scrapyarded previous model and just doesnt fit. i have a 1985 720 4x4 myself so no wanted to sound disrespectful to previous models.

Haha no dramas

720 has the best looking dash of any of these little utes

Just had another look at the clearance on mine, yep nearly zero.
Might try to move the steering plastics forward a bit.
Still not rubbing but only just.

Thanks Tony and Bods---will buy one.

try again..seller is away and not processing orders

I tried two N16 variable stalks on my 2001 D22 2wd today.Private seller who is just wanting to clean out his shed, who kindly allowed me to try them before buying. The first one blew the fuse as soon as I plugged it in so I suspect it had a fault. The 2nd one didn't work properly either. No wipers at all but full wash when the wiper switch was in the low wipe position. So I don't know if that one was faulty as well or if there is something different in the 2001 D22 wiring. It wasn't a wasted trip though as I bought a steering wheel from the Pulsar (which looks the same as the later D22 4 spoke wheel) complete with unused airbag centre and cruise control switches for $20. I wasn't sure if it would fit but when I got it home I tried it and it fits the spline ok except the 2001 D22 which doesn't have airbags has a slip ring for the horn and the later Pulsar uses a clock spring. I contacted him to ask if he had a clock spring. Yes $10. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Should be an easy fix to adapt it to the earlier model
peter

Just plugging in the stalk shouldn't have blown the fuse unless you had the key turned on to accessories as you plugged it in.

Tony
The first time I plugged it in I didn't even have the key in the ign.
After I realised the fuse was blown I replaced it and I heard it blow as soon as I plugged the switch in again. Key was in off position that time.
Needless to say I didn't buy those switches.

peter

got mine last night, looked pretty average, but cleaned up like new with armoroil and very light steel wool. drizzle this morning, perfect to test it out, question, how much did nissan save by not fitting these standard/factory? seven screws and one plug easy as job. what`s next?....

Latest posts

Back