Nightmare about to begin!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghosta

Reaction score
Ive decided to remove the factory radio from my 2012 d22 dual cab and fit a smaller cd player and uhf. I know im being stupid in thinking i can work out what wire goes where given there are no wiring diagrams for 08 on d22 im going to have to give it a crack.

I know from posts here people have worked out the wiring for earlier d22s so Im wondering how to even start given the fkd up random wiring in recent models.

Anyone done it and wrote down the secret wire code?

I could have a guess...
Red + accessory, yellow constant +, orange + dash illumination... i thought they all go roughly like that.
Doesnt someone make plug and play adaptors?

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

I got one of those harnesses for my 2010 d22. It wasn't right for that, so I don't know if it will suit your 2012. My factory radio had 1 large plug on the back, not the 2 smaller ones that the adaptor harness has. I ended up just pulling the 2 white plugs off and using the pins to plug in to the factory harness. The wiring colours were pretty standard. Unless you have fitted speakers in the rear, they don't have them from the factory anyway, but from memory the colours for power were the iso standard. I added an extra earth from the adaptor harness to the framework behind the dash too as the factory harness doesn't have an earth wite in it.

From memory the orange wire is earthed with headlights off, but will turn 12v with them on so you can use it for screen dimming if your new radio has it... Just don't hook the earth up to it or you will blow fuses

Take photos of the male and female plugs before you go in

You need to get an adaptor from your brand ie pioneer, kenwood etc to ISO
Then get an adaptor from ISO to nissan standard plug

Aerpro do adaptors for everything, sold in autobarn
Sometimes it might not be labelled exactly right but there will be one that fits available

Nightmare was no exaduration!

Purchased nissan wiring plug, totally useless! It has a single plug at the back, not the double plug.

Green and green black
Purple and purple black.......likely speaker wires.

Red.....ignition power?
Orange....dash light?

Black/white
Yellow
Light brown
Brown/black
Grey.........nfi??????????

No way of working this out.just too many unknown wires. Cannot even imagine why so many wires are needed, certainly more than any other head unit needs.(bearing in mind no rear speakers or wiring is provided so not for them) Typical f'ng nissan shit wiring.

Given up in disgust for the moment.

Thank for suggestion everyone.

You are correct with green and purple wiring. The grey and black with white could be rear speaker and same with the brown combo. They still have wiring for rear speakers fitted in the new models. Yellow is probably either your constant 12v or acc, and red will be the other. Orange is for screen dimming when headlights turned on.

Sounds like your best bet would be to talk to a car audio shop. They'd be able to help you with wiring diagrams. If not they'd be able to install it for 150 bucks or so.

Sounds like you're missing something with the adaptor harness though.

Is mine the same as yours?

s4k10Fx.jpg

qEhovZ7.jpg

If so there are two harnesses you need. As others have said, Aerpro website, aerpro harnesses. Primary and Secondary harness.

You’ll need a Nissan to ISO and then an (stereo manufacturer) to ISO harness.
I’m buying an Alpine headunit, it comes with the alpine harness. But I still need to get the primary adaptor from Autobarn.

I believe some have two plugs, but only one plug is needed, as the second plug connects into your car for the steering wheel controls etc etc. I’ll show you the harness I get this afternoon.

Edit: And ah hah, I may have found the issues you're having. A lot of people remove an extra plug from here, which accepts the Aerpro adaptor plug. So I need to go to the wreckers and get an additional connector that will accept the aeropro harness. Or just wire it in directly.

Last edited:
That's the problem with the newer models, instead of the 2 smaller plugs the earlier models had, they have 1 bigger single plug. I'm pretty sure they need the same adaptor harness as the d40, but I'm not sure if the pins are in the same position.

Is yours one single plug with 6 pins at the top and 6 pins at the bottom? If that's the case I can help you out.

I ended up just cutting the plug off and using crimp connectors to go direct to my stereo wiring.

This is for a 2005 D22 DX.
Red wire with Green Stripe – constant 12V. Fuse is in the engine bay.
Red wire with Blue Stripe – switched 12v, accessory. Fuse under dash.
Blue wire with Red Stripe – connected to headlights. Illumination wire. (I may have the two red/blues mixed but it’s an easy check with a test light)

That leaves Brown and Black (with corresponding stripes) Front speakers. I didn’t bother to see what was left or right as I don’t think it really matters.

No earthing in the harness. Earthed the radio directly to the brackets that screw into the dash.
For my Stereo I had a Handbrake wire which I also earthed to the brackets.

Latest posts

Back