A/c pump failure at 88k

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys it seems my ac pump has gone on the navara
Not to sure if I over tightened the belt when changing them lsst week
Dies anyone know if the pumps are serviceable amd able to replace just bearing or is it a whole assy
Looking at pricing atm for a new and second hand looking pretty costly.... bye bye new exhaust
Cheers

it might just be the Clutch Pulley unit and not a main bearing or bushing whatever. does the noise go away when the aircon is turned off ? if so it does point to the pulley unit.

Hey yeah the belt is leas than 200 km old
When I turn the ac on while driving I can feel it slow the ute down a fair enough to notice. Which it has never done before.

for the sake of it how about spraying some soapy water over the belt at the compressor end just to make sure its not the noisy belt at fault. if still the same you might have to have an air con guy check it out.

so after finally having time to get the mechanics to check it out, my original thought was correct and need a new pump. cost Nzd 750 for a new one and around 150 in labour.

yeah, the mechanic said it was pretty far gone. so its pretty sad to see less then 100k for a a/c pump to be fried. not to sure what could of caused it.

Latest posts

Back