loud noise when turning full lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering what this noise is and my mate and I thought it was a navara problem because I've got a 2000 model qd32 dual cab and he has a 2010 d22 2.5 common rail and they both do it. I'm glad I looked at this because I think that's what our problem is.

Nah it's a feature mate. Stick plastic caps on the end of em and or grease the shit out of em. I just try not to turn on full lock to just cause it's a prick of a noise when it squeaks/screeches!

Nah it's a feature mate. Stick plastic caps on the end of em and or grease the shit out of em. I just try not to turn on full lock to just cause it's a prick of a noise when it squeaks/screeches!

Ahahaha yeah mate it is a prick of a noise. Basically got to put up with it every time I drive out of my driveway because I have to full lock it at least twice each time I drive out. And I drive out several times a day and because it's got a crap turning circle then sometimes I've got to full lock it when turning on the road or something like that. But yeah I'll probably get those caps. It'll be a lot easier and a lot lee convenient.
Cheers mate.

Pro tip. Chuck these on the end of your worn out steering stopper covers and enjoy noise free full locking for a bit. Way cheaper than the $20ea X 4 for genuine nylon caps.

You want M12 ones for a perfect fit over the standard nylon cap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180310-144717.jpg
    Screenshot_20180310-144717.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 204
^ Im getting a cracking noise mid turn too. Im thinking dry ball joints but there is no play and the rubbers are intact.

^ Im getting a cracking noise mid turn too. Im thinking dry ball joints but there is no play and the rubbers are intact.
I'd have a look at the idler arm joint too. Could also be any of the other joints in the steering system. Can you feel it in the steering wheel or just hear it?

^ yeah, can kinda feel it. But going over bumps makes it happen too, eg, say im holding the steering wheel at a fixed point, and drive over some undulations, that will sometimes make it happen too.

Just saw this post. I had a similar problem but only in reverse when on full right of left lock.
sounded like dry rubber bushes so, I gave all the rubber bushes I could see with a good dose of lanolin spray.
No problems now. JMO

I've got this noise too in my 2011 D40 when i go over a bump while turning a corner, thought it was the sway bar spacers or linkages. It is hard to pinpoint the noise while driving but will now go back under and take another look.

Latest posts

Back