Air con evap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmd235

Reaction score
Hi, is it possible to pull the bottom cover off the evaporater to clean it without pulling the whole thing out? My air isnt getting cold and air con said evaporater probably needs cleaing

the AC works great in them. the problem is no filters on them so the fins get clogged up. plus the usual gas leakage means it doesn't get cold like it used to.

Took the fan out and and blew out the evaporater with compressor. Mouse nest , plastic paper etc came out. Air con is a little better but need to get in and clean it better some how

Pull the radiator out and blast it with a pressure cleaner from the front

Only blast fins at 90 degrees angle so you dont push them around

Thanks but I am not talking about the condensor , it is clean. I am referring to the evaporater under the dash. Air con guy said it would be dirty and he was right, just cant get in there to clean it

Normally to get at the evaporator is a dash out job. I don't think there's going to be any way around that as I'm pretty sure they fit the evaporator/heat exchanger setup before fitting the dash in the factory. It would be interesting to see if there is any way is d22 owners can get a cabin filter in there somehow. It is a pain not having one, especially when the patrol and d40 both have them :/

Ahh ok sorry i misunderstood

Yer thats a a pain alright they are fairly tricky to remove, and you will have to get the AC system serviced and re-gassed when you put the condensor back in

Maybe you could get one of those vaccum cleaner attachment kits and try to get some of the dust without removing it from the dash entirely

https://www.godfreys.com.au/clean-u...1RWf3kiZ7rTK3egAR7AaAjpqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have a d40 which has cabin filters, i clean them constantly and change them twice a year because i live in dusty bushland and the car lives under a tree

Amazing how filthy the little buggers get

Latest posts

Back