D22 ZD30 Egt gauge installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, going to be installing an egt gauge into my D22 tomorrow and want to know what’s the best location to install it, going to drill and tap a hole but just don’t know where, will i need to take the turbo off the manifold to do so ? or just drill and tap with it on, does anyone have any photos of their egt sensor probe? any help would be appreciated, cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got a stock exhaust or aftermarket? I put mine in the dump pipe just before the cat converter when I had my stock exhaust on and just drilled it and used the hose clamp thing the Autometer ones come with. Had no issues and only changed it because I changed the exhaust.

Have you got a stock exhaust or aftermarket? I put mine in the dump pipe just before the cat converter when I had my stock exhaust on and just drilled it and used the hose clamp thing the Autometer ones come with. Had no issues and only changed it because I changed the exhaust.

nah currently the cars stock standard but doing some upgrades on it and thought i’d chuck a egt and boost gauge on it just incase. was watching a youtube video and they showed drilling a hole into the manifold and tapping a thread into it. got the SAAS brand gauges

You could drill the manifold, but all those metal shavings will end up in the turbo unless you remove it. Some guys have removed the EGR pipe completely and got a decent sized plate made up to cover the end where it connects to the exhaust manifold and put the probe in there. How accurate their readings are I couldn't say, I've only ever had mine after the turbo.

Does your SaaS egt gauge go all the way down to 0 degrees? I know some of them only go down as low as 300 which is still too hot for a diesel, unless you're only worried about temps above that.

As far as boost goes, I've got mine teed into the wastegate line between the turbo housing and wastegate actuator. Stock they get around 17-18psi from there. These yd25 motors in the D22 haven't got a boost sensor of any description on them so unless you drill and tap the manifold or intercooler that's the only way to get a boost reading.

Good luck.

This is mine i did a few weeks ago, average temp is about 250-300 gets up to 500-600 going up a hill
b6d3cc345173fffcbc8a0c073aa5ccef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This is mine i did a few weeks ago, average temp is about 250-300 gets up to 500-600 going up a hill
b6d3cc345173fffcbc8a0c073aa5ccef.jpg

looks good, going to pay a local business to install mine. got them all wired and boost gauge works, egt just lights up but doesn’t show any temps til i get it ran properly. cheers everyone for the help!

Thats how i did mine for while, youll be happy with it when it all works

Latest posts

Back