Aftermarket UCA full droop

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Recently I have realised that winding up my torsion bars about 40mm has meant that getting a proper wheel alignment is damn near impossible.

I generally have my torsion bars about 545mm (centre of wheel to guard) this gives me about 40mm down travel to full droop which is 585mm, I have no serious need of down travel as I have a front locker and raising the front is purely cosmetic and to fit bigger rubber. I have since wound my torsion bars back to 535mm in the hope I can get a semi decent wheel alignment, but basically the guy from the tyre place said I would need aftermarket UCAs to get a proper alignment.

I would prefer to keep my tyres properly aligned to ensure they last and hence I may need to invest in either some calmini UCAs or 4x4parts UCAs, I know superior engineering sell them here and while they look good, the cost a small fortune compared to the other two stated previously.

So my question is can anybody with aftermarket UCAs on a D22 measure their full droop height centre of wheel to wheel arch? I would prefer to keep my cv angles as low as possible and getting UCAs for me is purely just to get a proper wheel alignment.

And yes I realise I could wind back down but the rear is lift to about 565-570mm centre of wheel to arch and I have 265/75/16 yoko geolandars on a mickey thompson alloy 16x8 with 0 offset.

Any opinions on this matter? My concern is their legality but I have heard you can get them certified by mod plater so it seems like that would fine for my purpose.

Shorty

Supposably the Snake Racing Cal uca's have been engineered and certified but you would need to check with them. That's what they use in that x/flex kit and it's apparently legal.

Yeah look into snake racing UCA's calimini ones haven't been approved as I take it from an earlier thread. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
It would be good to search some earlier threads if your that worried. (Personally, I would search the thread. There's a heap of info about this topic mate.)
I hope you find it.
There's plenty of experience from users to gain info from on here.
All the best.

Had a look at other threads no one has measured the difference between stock and aftermarket for full droop so I thought I would make a new thread to get the info.

I recall people saying they get an extra 25mm of droop with aftermarket uca's

as far as i know to have the uca's road legal you will need to have an engineer sign off on them, or you can hide them with some black paint!
i can get a measurement but not until i put the nav back together.

25mm seems like sweet f all difference? Is the extra droop the reason you can get a proper wheel alignment or is it some other benefit of the aftermarket UCA? Standard height is 495mm from centre of rim to guard and I had mine sitting at 545mm but getting a wheel alignment was impossible . I have wound back to 535mm centre of wheel to guard to see if I can get the wheel alignment guy to do a better job

drop diff mod

Look into the diff drop kit from performance suspension in qld. That will realign ur cvs mate. Uncas will help also but not as much.
Hi Sam.
had a look on the performance suspension website, there's nothing mentioned regarding a diff drop kit ?
Could you advise the link of possible

Thanks
Pat S

Just bumping this to see if anyone can measure the full suspension droop with aftermarket UCAs, either calmin, snake, 4x4parts or superior engineering?

Is no one able to measure their full suspension droop with aftermarket UCAs? Cmon guys I just need full measurements from centre of wheel to arch and what brand UCA you have.

Ta
Shorty

Also how does using a spherical bearing compared to a standard ball joint compare on aftermarket control arms?

Superior Engineering use a spherical bearing as seen here http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_3119_51_345&products_id=21363

Whereas 4x4parts and calmini just use what looks like s standard D21 Balljoint configuration as seen here http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18916300-frontier-front-suspension-lift.html

Superior use an AIN16T balljoint that can get 60+ deg of travel, which is the same as the best OE joint, hence why they are legal. Most other brands use COM style joints which can't match OE and according to DOT that makes them not legal. Factory D22 balljoint only has ~42deg of travel.

Latest posts

Back