Replaced fabric seats with titanium leather - no airbag plug

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1

Reaction score
Friends,

I have a 2012 D40; I purchased 2009 D40 titanium edition seats from a wrecked vehicle. No damage on the seats or anything but after removing my original seats and installing the leather ones, I realised there are no plugs for the airbag on either the driver or passenger seats.
The warning light is on constantly now...
there were no snipped wires or anything there was just one plug (white) for seatbelts...
1) is there a way to stop the warning light?
2) in case of accidents would the airbags still deploy?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

I was unaware the 2009 models had seat airbags. Mine (2009) doesn't but it's not a Titanium edition. It means you have to get one of those little devices that trick the system into thinking the airbag is in place. Maybe something like this?

That is the only way to fool the system. The diagnostic module will be set to require inputs from all of the airbags in the vehicle, so one of those sort of devices will be needed (for each seat!).

Friends,

I have a 2012 D40; I purchased 2009 D40 titanium edition seats from a wrecked vehicle. No damage on the seats or anything but after removing my original seats and installing the leather ones, I realised there are no plugs for the airbag on either the driver or passenger seats.
The warning light is on constantly now...
there were no snipped wires or anything there was just one plug (white) for seatbelts...
1) is there a way to stop the warning light?
2) in case of accidents would the airbags still deploy?

Thanks in advance.

Danny
Looks like the seats you installed were not compatible with you 2012, Of cause if you have an accident the insurance might not cover you /And you might be injured in an accident .

Latest posts

Back