Engine light P2457

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_rawls7

Reaction score
Hello all, I have just finished installing a new egr valve and a new radiator. Car seems to be running perfectly however fault code p2457 keeps coming on. I have tried clearing multiple times but after a few drives light always comes back on.

(P2457 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Cooling System Performance)

Has anyone got any ideas?

I had a new EGR valve installed last year and it had to be coded to the engine, apparently the new ones have different requirements to the originals.

hi bazt,

thank you so much for your reply as I have been completely lost to why this engine light would be coming up.

Do you know if I'll have to take it to a Nissan dealer to get it recoded or can I take it somewhere else? Also the cruise control has stopped working. When I turn it on it just quickly flashes "set" could this be related to the egr valve?

Not sure if anyone can do the recode, Nissan couldn't do it on their laptop version of Consult. I had to wait until the main one was free to have it done.

The P2457 is the EGR cooling system code. Looking through the training manual it is stated quite a few times that when replacing the coolant to follow the bleeding procedures to avoid a P2457 code appearing. It looks likes like an air blockage may also initiate this code. Any EGR code will disable the cruise control. Mine was diagnosed with a leak near the EGR itself during a pressure test just as we went into a Kiwi lockdown. I had P2457 and a P1525 ASCD Function (cruise control).
Did a bleed using the plastic screws at the top of the 2 heater hoses going into the firewall on passenger side. Had no change in my circumstance.

Try this from another thread. http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=35579
I have had p2457 on my 550 when I changed the coolant.I think its the egr cooling pump running out of prime.The pump is located at bottom lhs of radiator.There are 2 hoses that come up near the over flow tank and go to egr cooler and pump.I pulled them off an filled them with coolant cleared codes and they never came back./QUOTE]

I am a tad confused! Should I take it to the Nissan dealer for the re code?

Thanks for your help so far I really appreciate it!

Hi yes this is egr coolant problem.Yes you have to bleed as per the manuel but they don't say to bleed the egr pump which is located bottom left near radiator.Pull the smaller hoses off the overflow tank and pour coolant down I think one comes from the egr cooler and valve to so prime them all. You may find the ECM will go out after a period of time.This fixed mine and light never came back on. Clear code with scan tool. Buy a scan tool if you don't have one it will be cheaper then going to Nissan.

Does this trick with the coolant pouring in the hoses work for Infiniti ? Is the principle of p2457 the same (after all its a Nissan at birth) ? :)

Latest posts

Back