Fault codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

We are getting a few of these type of questions lately and while this is not a definitive way to stop repeated threads with the same topics maybe if we can get a single location for some of these error codes, especially error codes that have been confirmed it will make searching for those receiving the codes easier.

Some codes are model specific but many are generic so while searching would be made even easier if there was a thread like this for each model having only one also makes sense too as it would eliminate some need for double and triple listings of all the generic codes which are common to all manufacturers.

So come on how about it, lets try listing some fault codes and maybe even some solutions if you have them so those asking the question might just find an easy source of answers.

i thought there was a listing of the fault codes?

the D22 and D40 ones are different and most importantly the petrol and diesel codes are different.

As far as I am aware there is no listing on this site where people keep asking for the codes.

As yes there are different codes but there is also generic codes for all manufacturers, how they get listed makes little difference but a central resource would be handy for those who don't have, or choose not to download the ESM's or have the code reader documentation.

generic codes are generally OBD2 codes which should be fine for the petrol models.
diesels are often different.
D22 is especially different as they are not OBD compliant, there for generic codes are not correct.

reminds me, code readers put out their own codes, not necessarily nissan codes or OBD codes. you need to make sure the reader supports that vehicle.

I agree,

A central resource would be handy and might stop some of the threads on the same topic (or stop 1 thread per fault code)

Hi can anyone help me out with these codes on a 2011 D40 diesel

10 slow 2 fast 3 fast 7 fast
10 slow 1 fast 9 fast 3 fast

0237 is turbocharger boost sensor
0193 is the fuel rail pressure sensor

Is your engine chipped? It could be overdriving the fuel rail - cheaper chips actually interfere with the return signal from the fuel rail pressure sensor and trick the ECU into thinking the pressure is too low, causing the ECU to raise the pressure (and thus raise the fuel delivered).

I'd also grab a can of electrical contact cleaner, remove your MAFS (air intake hose just outside the air filter box) and and give it a spray. Don't drop it, subject it to any impacts and definitely don't stick anything solid inside. Just spray it. A malfunctioning or dirty MAFS can give erratic or erroneous signals to the ECU about the airflow (volume and temperature) and when calculated into the formula for the engine, might make the ECU think these other items are faulty instead.

Cheers mate
yeh i have a chip in it i caused these codes myself i took the chip out and high pressure washed the the engine bay must of wet some thing i shouldn't have because the ute went into limp mode straight after it seems to be running fine except for blowing a bit of smoke on take off.

Old.Tony
Do you think a ecu reset would sort this out
Cheers again

You could try it - there's no harm at all in the reset. It's designed to cope with it - just make sure you have your radio PIN handy and if you rely on your trip meter for fuel economy recording, write it down so you can add that later, the trip meters are reset if you pull the battery leads.

Fault Codes ZD30

All The Fault Codes for the ZD30

0102 Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit, Sensor or ECM failure
0103 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (excessively high or low voltage at ECM) Circuit, Sensor or ECM failure
0104 Vehicle Speed Sensor
(signal not sent when vehicle is in motion)Circuit, Sensor or ECM failure
0203 Accelerator Position Switch (incorrect signal sent to ECM) Accelerator Position Switch fault or ECM failure
0208 Overheating Fault
Cooling Fan system failure, Engine coolant re-filling procedure not followed, Cooling system faulty, Engine lubrication problem
0301 ECM 2, failure (calculation function is malfunctioning) Internal IC failure
0402 Fuel Temperature Sensor
(incorrect signal for fuel temperature received) Refer to Injection Pump Control Unit
Circuit, Sensor or ECM failure
0403 Accelerator Position Sensor
(out of range signal received from sensor or switch assembly) Circuit malfunction, Accelerator Position Sensor failure, Accelerator Pedal Dual Contact Position Switch failure, ECM failure
0406 INT/AIR volume (excessively high signal from Mass Air Flow Sensor)
Air Duct, Charge Air cooler, Variable Nozzle Turbo Charger Control System, Variable Nozzle Turbo Charger, Mass Air Flow Sensor failure, Circuit malfunction
0407 Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit, Sensor or ECM failure
0502 Battery voltage (excessively high voltage sent to battery) Incorrect jump starting, Battery, Alternator, ECM
0504 Automatic Transmission Communication Line
(ECM receives incorrect voltage from Transmission ECM) Circuit malfunction, Automatic Transmission ECM
0505 No faults detected
Monitored circuits are operating normally
0701 Camshaft Position Sensor
(incorrect signal from the Injection Pump Control Unit) Refer to Injection Pump Control Unit
Circuit malfunction, Injection Pump Control Unit
0702 Top Dead Centre Pulse Signal
(incorrect signal from the Injection Pump Control Unit)
Refer to Injection Pump Control Unit
0703 Pump Communication Line
(incorrect signal from the Injection Pump Control Unit) Refer to Injection Pump Control Unit
0704 Spill Valve Circuit
0705 Pump Control Module
Circuit malfunction, Injection Pump Control Unit failure
0706 Spill Valve
Circuit malfunction, Spill Valve, Injection Pump Control Unit
0707 Fuel Injection Timing Control System
Circuit malfunction, Injection Pump Control Unit failure, Poor fuel quality
0802 Barometric Pressure Sensor (built into the ECM) Internal circuit malfunction, ECM failure
0804 ECM internal input signal processing function malfunctioning ECM failure
0807 Brake Light Switch
Circuit malfunction, Switch failure
0901 ECM Failure (calculation function is malfunctioning) Internal IC failure
0902 ECM Relay (incorrect voltage received by the ECM from the relay) Main Relay malfunction, Circuit malfunction
0903 ECM Internal input signal processing function malfunctioning ECM failure
0905 Turbo Pressure
Circuit malfunction, Charge Air Pressure Sensor failure
1003 EGR Volume Control Valve
Circuit malfunction, EGR Volume Control Valve failure
1004 Fuel Cut System
Circuit malfunction, Injection Pump Control Unit failure, ECM failure
1401 to
1408 Nissan Anti Theft System
Refer to Anti Theft system information

Latest posts

Back