Carrying tent poles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Hi guys I want to build a pole carrier for the Nav,just a short one for the poles for my HM awning.One that I can fit under the tray across the back.The ones with a screw on cap....can you get all the bits needed including mounting brackets from Reece Plumbing supplies? Or does bunnings have what's needed?

Thanks

Pjw

I made mine from Bunnings. 100mm storm water, flange, cap and glue.

Best to drill a hole in the bottom of each end after you've tightened the caps up "reasonably" so that you can fit a padlock through. Some scumbag opened mine to steal the copper pipe I had inside (there wasn't any) and in disgust he threw the cap away on me.

Also put some rubber inside the end caps so if you go around a corner there is some padding and the poles don't pierce your end caps.

Either of the suppliers you suggest would carry the parts needed. If you're lucky the guys at Reece may glue the end cap on for you and save you a dollar or two also. I use foam, instead of the rubber suggested by RWW as it's thicker and can be tightened down onto the poles to stop movement. Also, may I suggest getting a fishing trace and connecting the cap to the tube, so when the cap is removed it doesn't get lost (or thrown away as OT had happen).

cheers Tanz.

Reopening an couple month old thread. .. :)

Just a thought - a few lengths of velcro with clip to double it back on itself
could tie your poles into your case before you roll in your roof ?

Latest posts

Back