New uhf regulations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't be too worried about an update mate. Always need a reason to spend money on the truck!
Trick is to not get caught with all the other stuff you buy when you're in there

Won't be changing mine anytime soon, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. That said, I have an icom it's only a software upgrade frome 40 tp 80 channels

It's just the channel spacing will cause interferance if you were to use a 40 channel set to comunicate to an 80, they did have the date set for the changeover but it's disapeared from the ACA website. I had 4 tx470's dad bought in 83, they had been tweaked to 12 watt (5 is legal) they have now gone due to the size and the power output.

It's just the channel spacing will cause interferance if you were to use a 40 channel set to comunicate to an 80, they did have the date set for the changeover but it's disapeared from the ACA website. I had 4 tx470's dad bought in 83, they had been tweaked to 12 watt (5 is legal) they have now gone due to the size and the power output.

You got me intrigued how the channel spacing will cause interference???

The 16 khz wide channels of the old 40 channel allocations overlap the 10.1khz wide channels of the 80 channel allocations. So channel 1 on the old units will cause interference on channel 41 on the new sets ect ect.They have been doing testing, this is their advice at this stage, damm confusing realy.

I don't even know why they bothered. They need 3 channels:

* Channel 11 for idiots to play their stereo systems over

* Channel 18 for predators trying to catch grey nomads in a bother so they can steal from them

* Channel 40 for truckers who for a very large part of the time only seem to know 3 words: "f*cking", "f*ckers" and "F*CK!!". I do admit they sometimes do accurately describe cars (colour, make, direction) with well-endowed girls in the passenger seat so they ARE quite handy.

I don't even know why they bothered. They need 3 channels:

* Channel 11 for idiots to play their stereo systems over

* Channel 18 for predators trying to catch grey nomads in a bother so they can steal from them

* Channel 40 for truckers who for a very large part of the time only seem to know 3 words: "f*cking", "f*ckers" and "F*CK!!". I do admit they sometimes do accurately describe cars (colour, make, direction) with well-endowed girls in the passenger seat so they ARE quite handy.

hahah thats gold Tony!!

Latest posts

Back