Bad run

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonathon9214

Reaction score
I there every one I'm having a really bad run with my 2009 Nissan navara Stx auto I had the bottom timing chain snap on me as I was going down the highway so as you can all a aging it made a mess of the engine so after I got a new rebuilt engine and got it installed it was only a month I got water in my transmition from the warming lines that go into the radiator the 2 tanks in the radiator cracked and mixed so what I'm asking is there any other common faults that I should know about before I burn the car thanks in advance every one

You've already had the two biggest faults, the next one will be the "suction control valve" failing, you should be good after that!

Lol I forgot to mention that went about 6 months before the timing chain went .at about how many km do the turbos go

Turbocharger life varies depending on demands and care (shutting down when it's just been working hard will shorten its lifespan). Mine lasted nearly 200,000km but it works hard - we tow a 2.5T caravan.

As said, you've hit two of the biggest issues the D40 has. It also has issues with the SCV, drive shaft bearings (usually the transfer case side), the clock spring in the steering wheel, cooling fan fluid couple (viscous hub) and the turbocharger vac solenoid. Those vac hoses get brittle from the heat too.

Second that.
My 07 d40s done 103,000 ks
Timing chain snapped at 70k
Limp mode due to suction valve being stuck a few months ago.
Turbo solenoid broke and vacuum lines disintegrated a few weeks ago.
Clutch fan fluid couple went limp at about 60k. Replace this frequently or repack with silicone oil
You can disconnect the trans fluid lines to the radiator and stick another trans cooler in instead to avoid any more issues
If you're worried about the turbo maybe fit a turbo timer
Bogaard are quite good
Also definitely block the egr and fit a catch can, as per many a thread on this forum

Latest posts

Back