Cruise control not working [Fixed][Pics]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimoNav

Reaction score
My 2007 D40 manual would allow the cruise control to turn on (light on the instrument cluster) but would never set the speed. After some forum searching it seemed the most common issue was the clutch or brake sensor. Turns out my issue was the lug that pushes the clutch sensor.

You can see in this picture the clutch button opposite a hole in the clutch arm, where the lug used to sit.
uOIOU83.jpg

I took it out as it had deteriorated away, it even fell apart as I was taking it out! I rummaged through my spare bits box and with the help of some liquid nails I constructed a replacement part using a metal paper lug and a guitar pick.
GQFxTSP.jpg

After installing it and silicon sealing the back arms of the new lug to secure it, I now have working cruise control!

OGcKpTa.gif

They say life is all about timing!

Thanks heap for posting this ... the cruise on my 2008 outlaw has developed this exact problem. Pics make for a great start for diagnosing.

Cheers & thanks again.

No worries mate. I find most of my solutions from forums and it frustrates me when I find someone with the same issue and they just post a final reply, "I figured it out", and that's it.

Made it a habit to document my fixes and post them in hopes it helps someone else!

Turns out this was the exact same problem with mine today,

I fitted a small head bolt in place of the grommet and covered the head with some sticky felt for gd measure.

Thanks again bloke!

You Sir are an absolute legend. I have gone without cruise for over a year now until I read this post. I had read on clubfrontier it could be the neutral selector on the top of the gearbox but never replaced it as it wasnt high on the to do list. I made an adjustment to the clutch pedal a while back to improve pedal feel. I did adjust the sensor to make contact but clearly not enough. I did Aussies carpet thingy trick and whadayaknow. Cruise controls back. Very pleased as Im getting Uprev soon and thats control by cruise buttons. Side note mine never had that piece in the pedal. It makes contact just to the side of the hole. Its these little tips and tricks that make this forum priceless. Literally.

Best help ever. Thanks

Wow! Thanks for all the trouble you went to SimoNav. Can't wait to get over to the shed and take a gander at my non working cruise. Hard to stay on right side of law when cruise is cactus.
My 2007 D40 manual would allow the cruise control to turn on (light on the instrument cluster) but would never set the speed. After some forum searching it seemed the most common issue was the clutch or brake sensor. Turns out my issue was the lug that pushes the clutch sensor.

You can see in this picture the clutch button opposite a hole in the clutch arm, where the lug used to sit.
uOIOU83.jpg

I took it out as it had deteriorated away, it even fell apart as I was taking it out! I rummaged through my spare bits box and with the help of some liquid nails I constructed a replacement part using a metal paper lug and a guitar pick.
GQFxTSP.jpg

After installing it and silicon sealing the back arms of the new lug to secure it, I now have working cruise control!

OGcKpTa.gif

SimoNav

Thanks for this write up.
I had exactly the same problem, right down to the bit falling apart on comming out.
I just put in a 1/2 inch roofing bolt.
All fixed.

uOIOU83.jpg

GQFxTSP.jpg

OGcKpTa.gif
You are a legend, I had the same problem in my 2012 D40. Just stuck a piece of plastic there. 2012 model looks slightly different.
cluch pedal.jpg

Latest posts

Back