2009 d40 loss of power diagnosed turbo boost solenoid

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdmark

Reaction score
Hey guys

Recently I had a navara aventura imported to nz from england, real nice truck 35ks on clock anyway I decided to get it serviced, after the service I noticed a severe loss of power and loads of black smoke coming from the tail pipe, I took it back to the garage who couldmt help me bit (useless), anyway I took it to Nissan and they diagnosed the problem as the boost control solenoid, said they took one off a brand new stx and it worked, however the bill was $800 so I said I'll leave it thanks. A few days later I located one from a spares company and it was $450, it turned up I fitted it but the problem is till there now power and loads of smoke! Can anyone advise ? Does the computer need resetting ? I've checked all the hoses here clear ! Can't be a faulty part shorely? Anyway I priced up a brand new one from the uk and is $390 delivered to nz I'm trying to decide whether to send the 2nd hand one back to the spares company and order a brand new one and take it back to Nissan

if its the same i had problems with the solenoid it should only be a 60 -70 buks item and yes it does need resetting when you change it.

mine was st navara but if they changed with a stx one then its the same solenoid i think, anyway real expensive it should be max around 250 -300 fitted and reset ecu

Last edited:
Pays to check all your hoses for splitting ect any leakage may contribute to your problem also check the filter and lines for any blockage.

Loss Power D40 STX

Pays to check all your hoses for splitting ect any leakage may contribute to your problem also check the filter and lines for any blockage.

I am down at Port Julia and have had my STX D40 manual loss power totally. It has been when I have pulled over and the vehicle has idled for a short time.Turned off and restarted and everything is back to normal.This has happened 3 times under the same circumstances. Have secondary fuel filter and EGR blocking plate. We are heading north so have to get sorted. Closest Nissan Dealer is at Kadina SA

Latest posts

Back