Ironman, never again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than water, he was showing us pics while we were parked on top of the waterfall during our last 4WD trip and there was lots of mud too - I just can't believe how much muck was inside it.

They don't sell mud tyres to cope with bitumen. They don't need 4WD so they can be parked in a showroom and look pretty. Winches aren't used to hang your washing from. A winch is going to be used to rescue the vehicle, which means the thing is in it up to its nuts and needs getting out - and that winch is going to be right in there with it!

It's not a case of "you're not supposed to get mud on the thing". It's a case of "they're supposed to be designed to handle what they're designed to rescue!".

I'm sure Ironman would appreciate feedback on why these things are not living up to expectations. They are a member here, and constructive feedback adds value to their product and helps them improve their sales too.

Feedback is always appreciated!

As for our winches, they are actually very well sealed, but like any other mechanical item will require maintenance. To help evaporate any water/condensation that might get inside the winch we recommend that you use/wind in and out your winch at least once a month.

I'm also not sure if you are referring to our old or new designed winch, but our new design winches have a built in breather within the motor and improved seals, which help deal with varying pressures and water ingress. We have very, very few issues with our winches, and if you have one we are happy to take a look at it if it's under warranty.

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4

P.S. If your stitching is going on your seat covers take them back and get them replaced under warranty (well done by the way, they are bloody hard to wear out so you must have got some good use out of them!). Cheers, Matt Ironman 4x4

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! Nah the covers are only about two months old so barely used. Along the front top edge that goes over the seat base has a two inch tear where the stitching has come open.

Im not hugely fussed about it as it was only $20. They do look good though.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! Nah the covers are only about two months old so barely used. Along the front top edge that goes over the seat base has a two inch tear where the stitching has come open.

Im not hugely fussed about it as it was only $20. They do look good though.

No problem mate, well all the more so I'm sure we'd be happy to replace them under warranty, but if not keep enjoying the lifestyle! That's the most important part!

Shitsmear campaign. Customer service from this guy makes me want to order half there catalogue!

Pretty sure i said from the start it wasnt a slag off of Ironman if you read back. If you buy products based on customer service, then you're a sucker :)

Thread title is pretty farken strong. Customer service goes a long way, i dont know what their customer service is like, never bought anything from them, but in this day and age of internet forums, i guess as a seller you really have to trawl the forums for any trash talk. He was protecting his balls, but was very good about it.
And everybody lived happily ever after. The end.

It's the "have a rant" section, not the "slag off a product" section. My rant is i think the Ironman nitro gas shocks i had in my ute were crap, and quite true, i wont be buying their gear again. There's a difference between trash talk and honesty through personal experience. Other people here have had similar experiences also. He got some feedback as well. Was hardly a shitsmear campaign.

Im not one to suck up a companys arsehole just because i have their products in my car. Improvements to products arent built on pissing in peoples pockets and blowing smoke up their arses :) If i think a product isnt flash, ill tell them. That's what feedback is. Somehow i think you were just stirring shit as you didnt post anything of real help or contribution whatsoever.

So instead of just sayng how good your new shocjs are, you start a thread shit canning the other brand when itturns out you had the wrong ones in the whole time. When the sales rep sticks his head in you go all nicey nicey. Then when i say something about it you go full troll bait.
The funniest part was when you offer the old shocks up for sale after going on about how bad they are, and notexactly cheap either. **** knows how many k's are on them either.
What a muppet

uploadfromtaptalk1395718647292.jpg

It's a shame when things get a bit muddled like we all base an opinion on what we read and react in different way's best to think twice before you type and think of the others idea's and feelings Cobez corrected his wording and played fair so did the rep and others that posted comments.

Shame if that info regarding which shock for which application gets lost in all this.

Meh im not getting sucked in by this nobody. Trolling is the lowest form of wit and humour. Pretty much speaks for itself really :)

Fyi, the shocks sold on Ebay for $80 and they had 4000kms on them. Thanks for everyone's replies :)

Last edited:
Sorry, im just finding it hard to see how the Op is not getting flamed for the thread title.
Just telling it like it is,
Fokker out ->

Latest posts

Back