Spacers for front

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actual arm hits on the coil spring bucket when atriculating..also speed bumps also entering a driveway...plenty of other places. It hits basically because on its way down it stops on the coil bucket/chassis.

The actual arm hits on the coil spring bucket when atriculating..also speed bumps also entering a driveway...plenty of other places. It hits basically because on its way down it stops on the coil bucket/chassis.

oh I see.. so without the correct UCA's it can slowly cause damage in the long term

It never really caused any major damage to mine they just leave a little mark where the arm has been hitting the coil hat. I ran it with spacers for 12 months just got sick of it. I bought my arms straight from fulcrum dealer here and they were $650. You can then adjust camber and caster no matter how high you go.

Ok. Now for the million dollar question.. 'where can I get myself decent spacers. I want to put them in my car asap (I hate looking at the nosedive look it has)

My snake racing ones fitted perfectly snug.

Attachments

• 2012-10-22 17.15.11.jpg
    2012-10-22 17.15.11.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 125
Those are the ones.are you running stock springs?i initially ran some 2.5' spacers up front which was fine untill you do some 4x4 work...upper control arms will knock on the coil bucket....this gets anoying very quickly..if you have a d40 front lifted to 2.5' or above and want to use it you will need new upper control arms or at least extended ball joints.heaps of info here about them.

I'm running old man emu 2 inch

Compressing for fitting new springs? ....if you have a press or a spring fitting tool.then go for it its pretty easy...if you only have spring compressors then definatly dont do it..its really dangerous..i have a press so i fitted mine with the shock bolted into the lower part of the press and i made a jig to match the spring hat..no chance of of that spring flying out and you loosing a finger or 5...

Compressing for fitting new springs? ....if you have a press or a spring fitting tool.then go for it its pretty easy...if you only have spring compressors then definatly dont do it..its really dangerous..i have a press so i fitted mine with the shock bolted into the lower part of the press and i made a jig to match the spring hat..no chance of of that spring flying out and you loosing a finger or 5...

Thanks bud

quick question.

I have an 08 Spanish D40 and am looking at a little but more height. Definately no more than 2". Im thinking a spacer lift as I dont do any hard 4wding.

Will the UCA hit with a 2" lift?

Thanks

I put in an Ironman 40mm lift in my Spanish built D40. I only got 25mm lift in the front where the rear was the 40mm. To counteract this I have ordered some 10mm strut spacers for the front to hopefully even out the level of the car.

Given the front has only lifted 25mm with the suspension lift I don't anticipate the extra 10mm spacer will require replacement of the UCA's.

I put in an Ironman 40mm lift in my Spanish built D40. I only got 25mm lift in the front where the rear was the 40mm. To counteract this I have ordered some 10mm strut spacers for the front to hopefully even out the level of the car.

Given the front has only lifted 25mm with the suspension lift I don't anticipate the extra 10mm spacer will require replacement of the UCA's.

Does introducing a 10mm spacer to a 40mm lift cause the UCA to impede on the spring bucket?

Last edited:
50mm total lift is fine with stock UCAs...63mm or 2.5' gets them clanging on the big bumps.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

50mm total lift is fine with stock UCAs...63mm or 2.5' gets them clanging on the big bumps.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks.

If that's 50mm lift at the strut, that would equate to more when measuring the brow height. Thus, I think a 6mm spacer would get me nigh-on exactly to the legal limit for my tyre/suspension combo. Does anyone know the Inside Diameter, Outside Diameter and PCD of the strut spacers? Available options seem dare for what they are, considering having some laser cut.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back