Paintwork Quality on last series of the D40 Navara's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r31gxe

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the navara forums and just have a question re. the paint quality of the last series of Navara's from Spain.

My old man used to own a 2007 Navara STX dual cab and had the common paint issues ie paint deteriorated around the windscreen channels causing surface rust. This was fixed by Nissan under warranty after going back and forth. I have read on the forums that the issue seems to be more common in the earlier models of Navaras than the later models. Other than that issue and a few other minor ones, he loved the Navara.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar horror stories particularly with the later model Navaras, I only ask because I just bought a 2014 Nissan Navara ST (series 7) on the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I've got a silver 2014 D40 ST which I got new and am now seeing many patches of lighter coloured marks on various parts of the body. No idea why but will check it out with Nissan at 20,000 k service next week.

the good thing about metalic paints such as the silver / blues etc is they end up with an extra coat of clear as opposed to the non metalic colors like white / black etc. also its alot easier for surface rust to appear on square edges like door window frame etc as not alot of paint forms on these egdes compared to a full flat surface or a rounded surface.

Latest posts

Back