Portable 12v Air Compressors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickyjoe

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to buy a portable 12v air compressor.

I've done a little reading online and think think the Mean Mother Adventurer II could be a good buy.

ADVENTURER 2 Air Compressor | Air Compressors | 4WD Products | Products | HAIGH Australia PTY LTD

Its made by the Haigh brand (which I normally don't think that highly of). It comes with a limited 5yr warranty which I suspect means it doesn't cover things like the hose.

At $250ish dollars it seems like good value for money. A recent test by this mob (12V PORTABLE AIR COMPRESSOR COMPARISON - Unsealed 4X4) gave it a good score.

Bursons Auto Parts are a stockist of these.

So does any reader on here have one? What do you think of it?

Cheers

Rich

Look Further Rich,

I have this compressor and whilst pumping up 4 tyres (standard 16") from 18psi to 38psi the thermal override cut in twice. Yes, it did the job, but I would have thought it should have done the job without stoppage.

Cheers Tanz.

have a look at the Thumper 11 compressor, one of the best you can buy at $100 plus it pumps air quick. there was a servey done with approx 10 different brand 12 volt compressors and this beauty came in the top 3 ahead of expensive ARB etc etc brands.

have a look at the Thumper 11 compressor, one of the best you can buy at $100 plus it pumps air quick. there was a servey done with approx 10 different brand 12 volt compressors and this beauty came in the top 3 ahead of expensive ARB etc etc brands.

+1 on the thumper.

Had the mk1 for a decent while and it started getting really hot ( wouldnt be able to disconnect hose after four tyres) took it back and to 4wd supacentre's credit - no questions ask - replaced it with the mk2

Has beaten a servo air compressor on a few occasions when out wheeling with a few mates

I've had an Aldi 160ltr/min for a few years now, it inflates very fast and draws 45 amps. It was $99, the exact same compressor in yellow can be up to $299 in some places.

Well I forked out my dosh and ended up purchasing an ARB compressor. I liked the idea that it was in a portable box. I'll be able to add an air gun and my good air gun to the box also.

I think I'll put an Anderson plug in the wiring so I can plug it directly into my second battery without needing to access the battery.

I need make up an adaptor to change from the fitting on the hose to a nitto type air fitting. I think enzed carry the fittings I need.

I was about to say, "go with the thumper" as they are a good little unit for the price.
But seeing you have gone with the ARB, personal choice and all the best. I'm sure we all know, it's all made in the same factory in China and they just put different brand labels on them haha
Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back