EGR blanking plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieKane

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just recently installed a new egr valve as mine failed. Seems like a common problem with the STX V6s.
I dont want this to happen again in another 50k so I have got hold of a blanking plate.
Question is, to drill a hole or not. Seems to be conflicting reports on the forums. Has anyone successfully installed a blanking plate on a 2013 STX V6 and no more codes? If so, did you drill a hole, and what size?

Kane

incase you don,t get an answer soon. how about fitting the plate and see how it goes from there . if you get a code read then remove and drill a 1/4 inch hole in the center.

Bit of an update. I installed the plate with no hole. No codes at all. Seemed ok until I drove it for approx 20 mins and then while in cruise control, the cruise light started flashing when I was slowing down coming into a 60kmph zone. I was unable to set cruise again until I cycled ignition power. No engine light but had a P0401 code which is Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected. So I now drilled a 6mm hole in the plate and same issue. Its strange as it only does it while in cruise when decreasing speed to 60kmph. Any tips or suggestions? Someone on another forum mentioned that Nissan told him that they have replaced two engines because on people blanking the egr on a 550? I cant see why this would be the case but probably just Nissan. So should I remove the plate altogether or drill a bigger hole?

i know my mate who has a pajero drilled a 12 mm hole in the plate as he had engine fault lights coming on without this hole drilled.

Latest posts

Back