Showing the Temp in your dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuccamore

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been following an older forum post about showing the "outside"temp in your dash for early D40's

Link is http://www.navara.asia/showthread.phpt=72&highlight=show+temp+dash

The question i have is related to the 2 part numbers that are suggested in the above thread.
1 is 27722-AX600 and the other is 27722-AX610.
In particular, which one do i use? because once you have bought it you own it and i don't want to pay for the wrong one when the costs are $140 and $185 respectively.

I have a 2007 D40 STX Spanish Build. The wiring loom is there and the Temp is displayed on the dash when i run the diagnostics on the dash.

Hope someone can help :confused3:

Cheers

One of our members here made up the thermistors required and was selling them, if memory serves - at vastly less than Nissan, of course!

Send Malicious a message and ask if he's still doing it.

I've got a genuine Nissan unit and if you're in the Hunter area I can unplug mine and plug it in yours to see if it works.

Thanks Old.Tony,

No i'm down on the Mornington Peninsular, VIC but I think i'll give the link that DaveHAT posted, at that price its worth a punt.

i'll let you know how it goes, thanks DaveHAT.

Fitted mine today. Took about 15min all up, most of which was trying to get my hands in behind the bumper without getting stuck.

Removed the fuse, but not for long enough the first time and it didn't work. All good now and I saw it drop from 30 down to 23 during the storm that arrived on the way home this arvo.

2007 D40 stx diesel spainbuilt
Fitted mine a couple days ago after reading this thread
$130 from Nissan. Part number 27722-AX600
Considered the cheapie then thought bugger it i want to be sure its accurate ill throw nissan a bone
Easiest and best mod ever. Super easy to plug in thru the holes in the genuine bullbar

I had a look over a Thai-built ST and couldn't find the loom where you'd plug the sensor in, so I'm not sure it'd work. However, at the 2014 Navara Muster someone asked me to put their sensor in and it was down near the left-hand chassis rail - I'm not sure if that was a Thai build, but it's another place to look. The sensor socket has 4 small (about 0.5mm thick) pin sockets in a straight line.

1 thing to keep in mind with the cheaper navlife unit is that due to not being a sealed unit its prone to the elements and corrosion, im on my 3rd sensor and this time it looks like i will have to remove the pins from the factory plug as its corroded to much

1 thing to keep in mind with the cheaper navlife unit is that due to not being a sealed unit its prone to the elements and corrosion, im on my 3rd sensor and this time it looks like i will have to remove the pins from the factory plug as its corroded to much

I wrapped mine in electrical tape because it looked like it might fall out too.

First sensor.. 2 years. Never a hiccup. But, once i plugged it in I did seal it with silicon to stop exactly this happening.

Just a dab to hold it in, and create a water-barrier.

Sorry for the delay getting back but was in the process of selling up and doing the big lap, which is all done now and i'm on the road to nowhere fast:-D.

Anyway, fitted the sensor after dislocating my wrist to do it and its been working a treat.

i like the idea of a bit of silicone, so will do this.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back