steering box adjustment d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navinavnav

Reaction score
Hi All.
i hope im posting to the correct section of the forum

so I have a d22 yd25 dual cab, the steering has a couple of degrees of play from the steering wheel, I have checked and the coupling nor the uni joint are bad, they are fine.

Is there adjusment in the steering box to remove this play i feel at the steering wheel

all input to this topic is greatly appreciated
King Regs
navinavnav:deadhorse2:

run 2 psi less air in the LHF tyre, steering wander gone........ other than that, if you find a fix PLEASE let us all know, good luck (((-;

can you see a small nut and a flat head screw in the middle of the nut on the topside of steering box ? if so you losen off the nut a full turn or so then screw down [ clockwise ] the flat head screw just a little until the free play is gone, do up the nut when finished.

can you see a small nut and a flat head screw in the middle of the nut on the topside of steering box ? if so you losen off the nut a full turn or so then screw down [ clockwise ] the flat head screw just a little until the free play is gone, do up the nut when finished.
I second that. It is down towards the front of the steering box. Should have a paint mark on it from the factory from when it was originally set.

this used to be common practise on the old Holdens / Fords and Valiants when there was free play in the steering box. just don,t screw the screw down too tight.

Before doing that adjustment I was told by my mechanic that the front wheels had to be off the ground spinning freely prior to any adjustment. Just a thought don't know myself but seems a reasonable idea.
Cheers

Might it not be a good idea to check evryting else for play while its up first? Ball joints, tie rod ect. Dont know much about d22 'box in specific, but in general they dont like being adjusted if they dont need it.

Latest posts

Back