Tub Liner all the same?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adub31

Reaction score
I everyone, picked up my series 7 yesterday but wasn't willing to pay the $400 to nissan for a tub liner, Id like to look around for a neat second hand one but are all the model/years the same shape??? ie 2010ish onwards ??

Thanks

Aaron

I'll post some pics as soon as the tinting is complete today.

you sure you want a tub liner?
they are rust magnets
have you considered a spray on liner?
more durable and you wont get a build up of dirt and sand between your liner and tray acting like sandpaper on your painwork
enjoy your new ride
cheers

you sure you want a tub liner?
they are rust magnets
have you considered a spray on liner?
more durable and you wont get a build up of dirt and sand between your liner and tray acting like sandpaper on your painwork
enjoy your new ride
cheers

Ahh thanks for that, wasn't aware. Ill look into the spray in liners.

Thanks

Yeah, definitely, there is a bit of info on here. In a nutshell, the raptor liner kit is the best DIY and is simple enough to do.

Did a UPOL raptor spray on DIY and all I can say is awesome, 9m of pavers chucked on it and no marks, have dragged industrial gas bottles on it slide pallets on it done stuff that would destroy paint and it's still like the day I did it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408054887.705050.jpg

No way in hell I'd use a plastic liner

With the DIY sprays, my tubs paint is already quite scratched up, shouldn't affect the spray liner finish when applied? As in the spray should seep into the scratches and give an even finish?

You actually need to scratch it up before spraying, so you've already done some prep! ;-)

I had a spray on in my previous ute and was awesome! Have a plastic liner in the Navara and few weeks ago decided to take it out for a clean since I assume it hasnt been cleaned underneath before. Suprisingly no rust! There was a few spots that had sand and mud so wiped it all out, air dried for a few hours and put it back on

Thanks everyone for the info...
Attached some pics post tinting looks much better, more in the garage.

Attachments

• 20140815_113256.jpg
    20140815_113256.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 92
  • 20140815_113304.jpg
    20140815_113304.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 83
I was just looking at this as a cheaper option what would the Hippoliner be like a cheaper brand on eBay cheers

Hi guys,
is there anywhere in Brisbane you can get raptor bed liner, i have looked around but don't seem to be able to find a place.

Rinolinings are $850/$900 drive in drive out - 8hr turnaround usually.

Raptor liner less than $300 for a kit and a shutz gun to suit.

Add another $30 to get some painters tape, dust mask, a few plastic drop sheets, a red scotchbrite on a wheel and a scotch brite pad to scuff where the wheel won't fit and a packet of tack rags.

I can supply space to work and a compressor and most other tools.
Prep time 3-4 hrs, paint time 20 mins, 1 hour flash time then recoat another 20 mins, repeat until your kit is empty.

Also only get a genuine tub liner.
All the aftermarket ones I have seen you can't access the tie down points.

Take your pick.

Hi guys,
is there anywhere in Brisbane you can get raptor bed liner, i have looked around but don't seem to be able to find a place.

I got mine from Jefferson paints on eBay (they're in melb but they ship) they had the best price at the time. Make sure you get the black kit though and not the generic one with tint supplied because you may find you'll need to thin it by 10% (I did it made life much easier) and there won't be enough room in the bottle for tint + thinners and it becomes annoying. Surface prep is the key.... I've got some chips in mine from where the previous owner must have repainted the ute (from silver to white) and in one area the raptor lining and the white has ripped off leaving silver.

Latest posts

Back