Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Old 08-04-2014, 07:35 AM

how's about we somehow round up all the 550 owners on the site, and somebody with enough smarts drops the Nissan Australia FB page a post explaining the issue and its associated dangers, and see how many 'likes' and comments the post generates, like some sort of petition, dunno, may get their attention
stx blackline, 2'' tough dog lift/adjustable shocks, Caloffroad UCA's, dynamic +30mm offsets, 285 70 17's KM2's, deluxe bar with brush steps, snorkel, couple of ultima blue's up front, BD long range tank and 3 piece underbody guard kit, drop side steel tray. lil' bit of hotwirering to keep the manual mode honest. I MISS MY PATROL!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 AM

actually don't have to be 550 owners, sorry, but the greater 4x4 community will defiantly get on board, and we keep trying and posting until somebody listens
stx blackline, 2'' tough dog lift/adjustable shocks, Caloffroad UCA's, dynamic +30mm offsets, 285 70 17's KM2's, deluxe bar with brush steps, snorkel, couple of ultima blue's up front, BD long range tank and 3 piece underbody guard kit, drop side steel tray. lil' bit of hotwirering to keep the manual mode honest. I MISS MY PATROL!!!

Pin 16 on 4wd switch plug
Old 15-04-2014, 06:12 AM

Default Pin 16 on 4wd switch plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorthumper View Post
Am I still the only one who has done this mod on their V6 7speed Nav.? (starts page 12)

I use it every time I go 4 wheel driving.

_
Do you think putting 12 volts on pin 16 of the 4wd selector switch whilst leaving the switch in the 2wd position would do it?

Old 15-04-2014, 08:33 AM

My Mood:
Garage

A 550 would have to go out of control down a hill and prob kill someone before nissan would give a toss. I dont have a 550 and now i know i wont have one either!

Old 25-04-2014, 08:05 AM

made up my lil gizmo box and used it over easter, made me extremely happy. is still a shit transmission in general, unless it's under load, shifts can be quite jerky i.e. just leveling out after a steep decent and you wonna bang it up a cog, it'll give out a lil clunk and lunge forward, up hill it's fine. might I add, this is my first and last auto 4x4

Old 03-05-2014, 01:54 PM

I don't mind the firm shifts. The shifts are always firmer being in low range.

-

Old 15-03-2016, 10:33 AM

Garage

Hey all, pretty sure my 5 speed auto in my 2013 ST does the same thing. Where is the problem fix at??
Could wholesale autos fix the programming to solve the problem??

Any info would be great.

Old 15-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Nah wholesale autos can't or aren't interested in helping, I've contacted them and I'm sure others have too. I'm sure it can be done as it is the same gearbox as in the 370z and there are many aftermarket racing cpu's for them. But I'm not in a financial position to chase this up at the moment
Calmini 5" Lift Bilstein Rear Shocks
Radflo 2.0" Extended 5inch Coilovers
PRG Adjustable UCA's.
Dick Cepek FCII 285/70/17
ScottyBobCat Rock slides
Ironman bashplates

"We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truely by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties"
Peter Lalor

"When Guns Are Outlawed - I Will Become An Outlaw"

Low range gear box woes
Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 AM

Default Low range gear box woes

Hi all. New to the group. I own a 550 and have been thinking that is a fault with my vehicle but after talking to Nissan and showing them the fix posted on page 12 (thanks for that), they said they can't fix it because it causes the vehicle to 'not conform to the specifications'. I asked for a copy of these specifications and, well, it seems they made that bit up. I am not mechanically minded and not brave enough to fix this myself. I might take it to an auto electrician. In the mean time, I have registered this as a safety issue with the Government because I believe this is an obvious safety issue, esp if you are going down steep banks. I will keep everyone posted of the outcome.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:21 AM

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorthumper View Post
Tony that's a perfect solution.

I had thought of going to the wreckers to get a second hand TCU loom with the connector on it, and doing what you say.

As long as you only press the switch on the right for 3 seconds everything is perfect. (motor stalls for a short period and draws higher current, when it hits the mechanical end stop)

I'm going to order the Jaycar switches and fit it to a plastic case kept in the centre console. I don't really feel like cutting holes in my centre console.

_
Hi,I probably should have checked prior to doing this wiring mod.
I have not been off road yet but it certainly holds the revs just test driving in a straight line.
Has there been any problems arise?
I have the 4WD indicator light come on every time I use the momentary switch. Cheers