Dont buy 550 navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This mod is not like any other mod, it means Nissan get away with producing a unsafe & unsuitable vehicle which breaks most of the basic rules of 4wding and there own set of guide lines to safe use of a 4wd and no one is going to do a thing about it. Nissan is flipped a great big **** you at us.
True Brad!!
But I think the point Nathan was making was while people are sitting around waiting for Nissan to do something they could be doing a simple mod and getting out there and enjoying themselves. I know what I would be doing, it would still piss me off but as the saying goes "if you want something done......"

Cheers Brad

Nissan can't care, they don't know about the problem.

You need your case to be heard by the right people.

How do you know who your target is?
Someone would notice if you got it in the media. Which media?

I think its all too hard to crusade. Flirt with anxiety.
Unless you have right chanells and a love for that stuff.

Find a genius who can make this thing PNP and make some money n see everyone on the tracks enjoying that big beast.

Sorry, I say sh1t sometimes.

I think Brad's 100% on the money - this isn't just like any other mod - this mod is something to fix a problem created by some idiot in the drivetrain design team at Nissan.

It's also not a simple mod - it's not "set and forget". You have to time the change so that you engage the correct mode.

However, the others are right too - we need to have something to fix this issue before Nissan finally figure it out and do a recall to reprogram the cars to do it right.

For that to happen properly, we do need it to be a plug-and-play solution rather than a cut-and-solder. That way, when (if) Nissan DO come good, it's just a matter of unplugging and off everyone goes.

you could fit a boat anchor on the back :rofl2:

Best idea I've heard in ages!

Our local Souf Effrican roughies who do lot of towing over long distances just love the V9X which is what the 550 is called here in SAfrica and there is just no diesel on the market here that comes anywhere near it. The worst probably is the Toyota 3 lit D4D in auto, really horrible box and its performance is as flat as a pancake.

Umm since when do our posts get censored? I don't swear much but when I do it means something! Didn't realize this was a forum for children?

Umm since when do our posts get censored? I don't swear much but when I do it means something! Didn't realize this was a forum for children?

brad
it is only Jason ,Dylan, tony or myself who can edit other members posts and it rarely happens, it also leaves a tag so you know who has edited and why
the site does have auto censor, if it didn't things would get very messy quite quickly and we would need a heap of mods to control it and keep it semi clean
remember this is a world wide forum with over 12000 members. some are bound to be women and children, we need to consider everyones needs
if you typed in **** it will auto censor, same as **** and several others, just be creative with your spelling, when I read fcuk i read it as **** anyway, as do most others
fcuk, fark , fuuck , fucck or fukk, we all know what it means
cheers

Last edited:
Am I still the only one who has done this mod on their V6 7speed Nav.? (starts page 12)

I use it every time I go 4 wheel driving.

_

Last edited:
how's about we somehow round up all the 550 owners on the site, and somebody with enough smarts drops the Nissan Australia FB page a post explaining the issue and its associated dangers, and see how many 'likes' and comments the post generates, like some sort of petition, dunno, may get their attention

actually don't have to be 550 owners, sorry, but the greater 4x4 community will defiantly get on board, and we keep trying and posting until somebody listens

Pin 16 on 4wd switch plug

Am I still the only one who has done this mod on their V6 7speed Nav.? (starts page 12)

I use it every time I go 4 wheel driving.

_

Do you think putting 12 volts on pin 16 of the 4wd selector switch whilst leaving the switch in the 2wd position would do it?

A 550 would have to go out of control down a hill and prob kill someone before nissan would give a toss. I dont have a 550 and now i know i wont have one either!

made up my lil gizmo box and used it over easter, made me extremely happy. is still a shit transmission in general, unless it's under load, shifts can be quite jerky i.e. just leveling out after a steep decent and you wonna bang it up a cog, it'll give out a lil clunk and lunge forward, up hill it's fine. might I add, this is my first and last auto 4x4

Hey all, pretty sure my 5 speed auto in my 2013 ST does the same thing. Where is the problem fix at??
Could wholesale autos fix the programming to solve the problem??

Any info would be great.

Nah wholesale autos can't or aren't interested in helping, I've contacted them and I'm sure others have too. I'm sure it can be done as it is the same gearbox as in the 370z and there are many aftermarket racing cpu's for them. But I'm not in a financial position to chase this up at the moment

Low range gear box woes

Hi all. New to the group. I own a 550 and have been thinking that is a fault with my vehicle but after talking to Nissan and showing them the fix posted on page 12 (thanks for that), they said they can't fix it because it causes the vehicle to 'not conform to the specifications'. I asked for a copy of these specifications and, well, it seems they made that bit up. I am not mechanically minded and not brave enough to fix this myself. I might take it to an auto electrician. In the mean time, I have registered this as a safety issue with the Government because I believe this is an obvious safety issue, esp if you are going down steep banks. I will keep everyone posted of the outcome.

Tony that's a perfect solution.

I had thought of going to the wreckers to get a second hand TCU loom with the connector on it, and doing what you say.

As long as you only press the switch on the right for 3 seconds everything is perfect. (motor stalls for a short period and draws higher current, when it hits the mechanical end stop)

I'm going to order the Jaycar switches and fit it to a plastic case kept in the centre console. I don't really feel like cutting holes in my centre console.

_
Hi,I probably should have checked prior to doing this wiring mod.
I have not been off road yet but it certainly holds the revs just test driving in a straight line.
Has there been any problems arise?
I have the 4WD indicator light come on every time I use the momentary switch. Cheers

Latest posts

Back