Go Back   The Navara Forum > D40 > D40 Electrical

2008 Thai D40 A/C Buttons Problem
Old 03-03-2020, 01:40 AM

Default 2008 Thai D40 A/C Buttons Problem

2008 Thai D 40. When I turn the ignition on the recirc button should light up but doesn't. With the engine running the whole switch unit is dead. No A/C, rear demister or recirc. Have checked the fuses and they are o.k. Also fan works. O.K. This has happened after I tried starting with a almost flat battery. Any advice would be welcome.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

It sounds like something has failed in the air conditioning circuit. You can't have recirc wthout the aircon running, so until the aircon circuit is operational you won't get recirc.

As for what that is, it's hard to say. Has the compressor failed, or its clutch? How's the gas level in the aircon system? How's the dryer? Are the relays all working and seated properly?

There's an important distribution box near the ABS unit (just towards the left side of the vehicle from the turbocharger). It's worth checking out.

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

A/C Buttons
Old 05-03-2020, 03:40 AM

Default A/C Buttons

Thanks for the info Old Tony. I will check the distribution box. Further, sometimes it works when the vehicle and engine are cold. Where will I find the relay for the A/C. Is it the box behind the battery and if so which relay?
Cheers.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:46 PM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

The A/C relay is a non-replaceable (according to the manual) relay located in the IPDM/ER. This is a black box (assume car front is north) south-east of the ABS unit (south-west of the turbocharger).

You can check its operation with a Consult device in test mode, which activates the relay manually and you can then check for the magnetic clutch operation on the compressor. The manual doesn't say that the relay can be replaced, but does list a poor connection as a possible fault. The A/C relay is not identified specifically in the manual.

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

Thai D40 A/C Buttons
Old 12-03-2020, 02:51 AM

Default Thai D40 A/C Buttons

Thank you once again Old. Tony. I will have a good look at the box and it's contents when I return to Thailand in 2 weeks, fingers crossed.
Cheers, Frontier.

Tags
electrical