$195 for coolant flush at stealership?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fzrr

Reaction score
So i've read on here a few posts about Nissan Coolant being different and to buy genuine.

I'm getting the ute serviced next week so asked the question how much extra to get the coolant changed and it is $195. Is that about the going rate for these things or should I look elsewhere?

Hey bud if you do it your self the coolant will cost you from memory $127 for the 5liters. If you go through the treads some ppl used the green coolant and had trouble so your better off sticking to genuine

Struth if Nissan coolant alone costs that much then maybe I will just get them to do it while it's in there!

$195 doesn't sound so bad then if they're doing a proper flush at the same time like they say they do.

Yeah I looked it up so the YD25 takes 9.something litres. So $140 just for the coolant.

I'm happy to pay them another $70 to change and flush it for me.

Do they sell it as pre-mix or concentrate? If it's concentrate then the 5L for $70 plus $5 for demineralised water gets you the 10L you need.

They sell the blue coolant as 50%pre mix thats what my bottle had on it

Pulled this excerpt from this page; http://www.notre350z.com/forum/files/uploads/Anonymous/1319478639_pdf_article_109.pdf

How much is factual and how much is the usual Nissan scaremonger crap is anyone's guess.
I generally take anything stealerships have to say with a grain of salt (sometimes the whole salt shaker...)
I do however have a great relationship with my mechanic (who rebuilds all types of motors) and I trust his word over theirs ANY day of the week.

Quote below and link at top if you'd care to read the rest.....
Cheers

"Nissan service and owner’s manuals frequently say to use Nissan Genuine Coolant or the equivalent. What coolant is the equivalent? Well, it should have no silicates, borates, or amines, and the manufacturer of the coolant should be willing to state specifically it’s suitable for use in Nissan products (in writing).
Genuine Nissan Coolant is not expensive compared to other brands; you can be sure it’s safe to install, and it may impress your customers by using a Genuine Nissan product.
Nissan now makes two Genuine coolants available. The traditional ‘Green’ Long Life Coolant (LLC), which must be mixed 50/50 with distilled water, and a new longer-life ‘Blue’ coolant, which comes premixed. The new ‘Blue’ coolant is compatible and can be mixed with the traditional ‘Green’ coolant, but the resulting mixture will not have the ‘Blue’ coolant’s longer service life."

I take it all with a grain of salt as well and my d22 is no longer under warranty so that's not really a consideration for me either.

In the end I went with the Nissan coolant just for peace of mind after reading a few posts from the patrol forums. Only do the coolant every couple of years and it wasn't that much more expensive so may as well treat it to "the best"

I e-mailed the Evans Coolant site and asked if it was suitable for my 2006 D22 ZD30.
The answer was......Our coolants are comparable with your Navara.

What are your thoughts, once you put it in, it is supposed to lasts the life of the vehicle.
No more coolant changing, and it is supposed to work better.

Last edited:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

However.....
This coolant won't last the life of your Nav because you're going to have to replace that timing chain sooner or later and pull the radiator out to get to it.
Realistically you'd be getting around 100k - 150k before the timing chains are due for replacement.

You'll get 100,000 k's from cheaper green stuff so if it costs considerably more than the usual coolant you use then I'd be considering whether it's worth the extra expense in the end.....but each to their own champ.

If you do use, please post up a review!

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back