Driveshaft noise after susp lift - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarone

Reaction score
Just installed 2 inch suspension lift with new leafs, front bars and shocks

It rides well but makes a god awful grinding/screeching noise when slowing down. At first i thought the front shocks were scraping so i filed back the control arms a little, which didnt help (shocks were cutting it close anyway)

After taking it for another drive i found that it was related to throttle position rather than speed or deceleration. Throttle on = silent, back it off and its a really loud grinding noise. Setting the idle up high somewhat negates it and keeps it quiet (loads it up while braking)

Seems to be a driveshaft issue after the lift. My centre bearing has been stuffed for a while now but im wondering if it could be something else, theres no vibration through the cab or anything - just the noise

Its too late to do anything more tonight so i thought i might ask for any suggestions! I did look through a couple of other threads so i have a few things to check tomorrow

Thanks

Last edited:
Had same problem,but on other make truck.Cent bearing was bad many years.Then I lifted it,Now scraping sound from cent support bearing.Replaced problem went away.

Raising it makes your tailshaft angle more acute and places additional forces on the centre bearing. If it was worn beforehand it will now be buggered, it's only an hours work to replace.

Thanks guys, replacing the centre tailshaft bearing fixed it. I had the bearing sitting there for months, should of replaced earlier

Latest posts

Back