DPF Nissan Service information - Interesting reading

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I forgot about that. The entire training site was posted a few weeks back, it's got training bits for all sorts of stuff on it. I have no idea whether it's a stuff up from Nissan letting the site go live when it should be internal or what the deal is but there is quite a bit of information on the site if you're willing to hunt through it all.

Sorry to hash up an old thread but I have a simple question.

Does my 2013 D40 ST diesel auto (Spanish built) have a DPF??

One Nissan service bloke tells me that it does and another tell me that it doesn't. I was sure that it didn't but just need to clarify before I get it serviced.

Cheers

Look underneath. If yours has a DPF, there'll be a large cylindrical section in the muffler underneath the car beneath the front passenger. This section will have a few small metal pipes coming from it.

I guess also the lack of a DPF light on the dash would also be a clue. Looked under and does not appear to be there. I had a Pajero prior to owning the Nav and that had the DPF so I am familiar with what they look like (and the issues etc etc).

Need to get the 20K service done and when I spoke with the service bloke from the dealer I bought it from, he told me the capped price service would cost $460 or so. I questioned it as that price referred to the DPF model and he told me that it had one. I then contacted another dealer who said that the Spanish models did not. Doesn't fill me with confidence re servicing especially with the issues with special oils etc.

I might go down the Ultra Tune road as they were about $200 cheaper for the log book service. Decisions decisions.

The difference in service costs should ONLY be oil and should be around the $50 mark. If they're charging you more because they have to rub the DPF until a genie comes out then they're having a lend of themselves as well as you. They'd be far better off grabbing a girly magazine and rubbing something else in the bathroom (unless they find a "Village People" album cover more tantalising).

Ultra Tune - or any decent mechanic - will quite likely do a BETTER job at servicing your car, but the big difference will be noticed when you look at warranty issues. Nissan place a fair amount of value on loyalty. A number of members here have had issues fixed outside the warranty period - and the likelihood of that goes down if you service elsewhere. Having a decent dealer to help you is always a bonus - personally I'd go to that other dealer and let them handle the thing.

A Nissan dealership service will follow the log book precisely. For example, you could have a major problem with a component but unless the instructions for the service technician say that they should look in that particular place, they may not notice it. A decent mechanic would simply look over the whole car - the service instructions guide the Nissan mechanic to specific parts only.

Of course, at a good dealership, the mechanic WILL notice other things as well - and when you find a dealer like that, it's probably wise to foster a good relationship with the service manager (and receptionist) there, because then you'll be well looked after (personal experience there - Klosters in Newcastle are great for that).

Gents, feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I think the DPF's were installed only on the auto D40's series 2 & 3's from June '06 through August 2010 before the motors were changed.
STX didn't have them (? needs citation) but the ST and RX models did, and only on auto's

There are some older archived posts on the forum discussing this.

Back